Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My corn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aidybest
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: My corn Reply with quote

Last year I was approached by a dear friend of mine who knew I was into snakes in a big way, infact i was at the time looking for a young Boa. She told me that her son about 18 / 19 years old had left home all of a sudden and hadnt been home for more than three weeks. She decided to go to his room and was shocked to come across a small snake in a little glass viv. Seeing that he hadnt been home for so long, his water dish was dry as a bone and I presume he was "hank marvin" Sad The long and short of it I took it off her hands, Took it home, named it "Harold" and started him / her off with a nice bowl of fresh water to rehydrate. The next day I rushed down to TRH in bristol and got myself a few pinkies. Not knowing when harold was last fed, I gave him one Pinky every two days , this was followed by two pinkys every 5 days until he settled down into a normal routine. He is a very healthy looking corn now, but really needs to go to a corn luver as I have always said he would be short term. I have placed an ad in the clasifieds "link is on this forum" All I have to say really, there are people particularly some youngsters out there who buy these beutiful creatures without thought of their welfare or have no commitment in looking after them. I did give my friend a hard time, but I wonder, how many other parents with kids in their late teens have unanounced pets under their roofs
linda
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god thats awful........poor snake.
i have a young corn who is doing well, i would love to help you out but i have a chameleon as well as 2 tortoises so i had better not! lol
good luck in finding him a new home.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done for taking it on, I'm sure you'll find it a good home.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
cornfan
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome to try and find a home amongst the members of the Corn Snake Fan Club if you wish... I'm sure someone on there will gladly give the little one a loving home.

Reptile Lover
aidybest
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: my corn Reply with quote

Well, after all that, I bought myself a baby Boa, having discussed it previously with her in doors I thought all was fine and dandy

Rolling Eyes

All was OK until she started reading and hearing scare mongery stories about them, particularly from other wives on teh school run Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Exclamation which to be quite honest frightened her to death - I think she had visions of our kids going missing one day with the snake developing a small human form in its middrift. Things got that bad - so much so having had the snake for 2 weeks she got herself in such a tiz that I had to take steps to rehouse our baby boa who I had since named Daisy. I managed to do a deal with the reptile shack in chippenham. A straight swop with a carolina - my loss financially and Grahams gain. I did get a gorgeous little fella to compliment my rescued creamsical tho and although the pocket was thrashed i went away happy knowing that i had another little life to look after . The moral of the story is - make sure the wife / partner fully understands the implications of having a boa before you put your hand in your pocket Rolling Eyes even when she says yes before hand, Rolling Eyes take them round to your local reptile shop / supplier displaying a range of Boa sizes from young to adult. I used to keep boas years ago, and I knew what I was getting myself into, but having corns I suppose she thought it wouldnt be any different. I am glad that I kept harold (the rescued creamsical in the end. And thanks again to graham from the reptile Shack for introducing me to the new member of our family. Photos will follow.

Regards

aidy
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good story mate ive rescued both my reptiles and many others over the years off idiots my chameleon never even had a heater Mad and was in the smallest of tanks but now he has a nice big cage,uv light,spot light,ceramic heat bulb in reflector,habistat stat.and he must love his new life i believe there must be thousands of these kinds of pets outhere that are not getting the correct care makes me sick problem is theres to many money grabbing reptile shops outhere whos only interest is the cash and will sell anything to anyone Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: