Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emperor Scorp breeding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil1988
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Emperor Scorp breeding Reply with quote

Can anyone just give me a quick run down of stuff I might need to know about breeding emperor scorps?
Thanks
Paulk
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps to have a flat surface for them to do their mating on.

Like if you have a tile and turn it so that the glazed side is facing down into the substrate. The male will deposit his sperm on the tile and drag the female over it, thus becoming fertilsed. When they have mated you need to keep an eye on humidity as this can be a factor in actually triggering the birth.

As long as the male and female have all their requirements you shouldn't have any trouble breeding them. The female will become very fat almost to the point at where you think she might burst just keep her on a very good diet and the babies will be strong and healthy, i'm sure others will be able to help you more but good luck with them and I hope you do get some babies!

Wish I were an invert!
Phil1988
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, does anyone have any advice for when there are actually babies?
Paulk
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be honest the mother should look after the young for quite a while. She will carry them around on her back and feed them herself. As long as the humidity is kept up they will be fine with minimal effort by yourself.

You may find that some of the babies are eaten but this is natural, although once the young leave the mother its best to seperate them into their own containers!

They are normally white (or cream) in colour. Feed them small crix or locusts and they will be fine!

Hope this gives you some idea.

Wish I were an invert!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: