Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uroplatus ebenaui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanLay
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Uroplatus ebenaui Reply with quote

I hope the future of this genus improves and we see more CB's being offered over the next few years. I'd like to work with bigger numbers of them in the future.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are they like to keep Dan?

Do you think they can be produced in larger numbers? if so, what do you think is stopping that happening now?

In Hamm this Sept, I saw a breeder with a good selection of Uroplatus.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning species and stunning photo Wink Would definately be good to see more of these being bred and kept Cool
DanLay
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
There are some breeders from Europe and USA + Canada who are doing well with them, I think people now have the vital 'ingredients' of breeding some of the species in the genus now.
Mine are kept cool and humid but they rarely venture out of the safety of their cork tubes until hours after lights out. I'll try again to get some females for my ebenaui next year and i'd like to add some of the other smaller species of Uroplatus.
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Dan. I love Uroplarus species, with sikorae being my favourite. It's just a shame we live in a hot house so wouldn't be able to provide the cool conditions they need. A friend of mine keeps a number of uroplatus (6 species I think) so I go and have a look at hers now and again. Very Happy

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
zarozinia
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dan Im going to try to breed mine Ive decided, lets hope I will be successful. Maybe we can cross bloodlines sometime if all goes well. But Im not holding my breath
I will take some photos of them soon.
Jackie, I bought my Ebenaui of the mutual friend you mention above.

Scott, the main difficulty with this species and the phantasticus appears to be keeping temperatures low enough in the summer. They require high humidity and temps mainly in the 70s. Heres a good link re their climate
http://www.countryreports.org/weather/Madagascarweather.aspx?countryid=148&countryName=Madagascar&m=d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: