Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrcrestedgecko wrote:
My collection is tiny compared to most so not long 10-15 minutes at most, spraying/spot cleaning/health checks etc. depends.

Scott what I'm curious about is how you keep track of all your animals, feeding records and all that, it must take alot of work. You ever feel like you just wanna sit back and not have to worry about them? Question sounds bad...but even with love for the animals it can prolly be a handful sometimes

Yep, on a cold, wet, windy night the thought of walking down the garden to the animal room isn't that appealing, but once inside it's bright and warm and you soon forget that it may be snowing out Very Happy

I'm lucky enough to have a GF who helps out plus a friend spends every Monday night helping too. I have two 'reptile 'nights' a week, this is when everything gets a thorough clean and water bowls disinfected. I then have 'egg hunt' night and feeding is 6 nights a week. I have one day a week where I don't need to do anything at all (although I still end up 'tweaking' a set up or spot cleaning something.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my wife... Too much time. According to myself, far too little.. Laughing

Assumption is the Mother of all f***ups.
FatBoy
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have a pathetically little collection it only takes me about 5 mins, and most of that is me giving them the odd nudge with my finger to make sure they're just sleeping. Embarassed
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid wrote:
According to my wife... Too much time. According to myself, far too little.. Laughing

that's the first CORRECT answer and probably applies to ALL of us Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Morbid! Laughing
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed About 5-6 hours solid per day over an average week; due to lots of babies hatching and having a varied collection that requires a lot of different husbandry input this takes a lot of my time up, I luv it!

Time will be cut down once I am better organised and the main herp room is completed with everything in the one place.

mark_w
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid - that sounds too familiar!

Prob because I'm disorganised I spend about 2 hrs a day with mine. That includes spraying, feeding and generally pottering about in my reptile room.

Scott, it sounds like you must be bloody organised to get a day off....Do you have a weekly rota? I've tried these but never stick to them lol. I'm supposed to be feeding my geckos, but end up messing about with something else - a bit of tegu wrestling, you know the kind of thing...

Mark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: