Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black and White "Tega"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Red*
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Black and White "Tega" Reply with quote

I could be wrong with the spelling Embarassed but Jon and I saw one of these in the reptile shop yesterday. He's lovely!!! About a foot and a half long.
He looked so sad in a fairly small enclosure.. and I want him!!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Just wondered where I could get information from? Or if anyone knows what I'm talking about and has one?

Thanks!
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tegu Wink Stuart on this forum has one still (I think Confused ). They have a reputation for being fairly scatty, especially the reds and goldens but in recent years tamer individuals are starting to be kept as the hobby progresses. There are a few topics on these in the general lizards forum Cool
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As James says I own an argentine tegu and if you have a look around on here you'll find a few others do too..the goldens seem to be quite skittish but argies normally become very tame with regular handling as do the reds.
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one too. Main things to consider are their housing requirements (these guys get to four or even five feet long) and how much they eat! They are great characters though...

Cheers,
Mark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: