Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My set ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fazer600sy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: My set ups Reply with quote

Here are my set ups finally complete, the main viv is 4x2x2 for my 4 mth old Bearded Dragon, on top sits another 4x2x2 unit split into 2 2x2 one being a Viv for leopard geckos and the other a tortoise table for the tortoise.

Bearded Dragon set up consists of a 250w Ceramic Bulb housed in a reflector on a Habistat Thermostat 300w and a 36 inch Repti glo 8% UV Strip on ceiling with reflector and a secondary 24inch Repti Glo 8% UV strip on the back wall, Substrate is Desert Corn Cob (pea size).

Leopard Geckos is more simple with a 40w red spot and a 12x12 heat matt on a Habistat Thermostat 300w, Substrate is desert sand.

and The Tortoise is a 40w Reflector and a Repti Glo 18 inch, 8% UV strip, Substrate is Desert Corn Cob (pea size).

Next on my list is a cornsnake set up which will be ready by the weekend.

Any comments, questions or feedback welcome.

Sy
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

set up looks good. well done.

One thing you could do if offer a branch or rock under the ceramic, just something that allows him to get a little closer but at the same time allows him to bask further away too, it just gives it more choice with basking sites.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
fazer600sy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott

Thanks for the advice and will be sorting out a nice rock the weekend.

Sy Very Happy
blondesarah
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello great set up, but tortoises don't understand the concept of glass, if they can see out they won't stop trying to get out and get get very stressed. I love the way you have everything together it must be a great space saver.
If i were you i would puts some duck table along the bottom of your tank so the tortoise cannot see out.
fazer600sy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice sarah, tortoise is fine and must be a brainy one or blind as he isnt getting stressed at the glass and trying to get out, he does come and have a look but his attention turns to food rather than trying to get out, he spends most his time in his food and water bowl.

To be honest I cant say I have seen him try to get out via glass at all, he has tryed to scramble at the back of the viv, so I changed the strenth of the heat source and have now lowered the uv now to about 5 inches, all in all he has settled in well.

The table will eventually be changed as the existing tabel will be turned into another Viv for a snake or lizard and I am adding a tabel to the top so its will be 4 ft wide and will still have a glass piece across the front. Thats my plan.

Sy
blondesarah
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good i would just keep an eye on him then, i have been into various pet shops and seen tortoises in vivariums trying to get out because they can see out and it breaks my heart, they juts don't understand they cannot get out.

I use under bed storage tubs for my set ups and they work brilliant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: