Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question on heating...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
---k---
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: question on heating... Reply with quote

hey, i am gettin some leos, and have set up the viv, but at the moment the basking spot is at about 34-7 degrees celcius at the hottest point. The rest of the tank is controlled at 26 down to 23 on the cold end with a matt and stat. would it be best to get a dimmer stat for the basking light, or will it be ok as the basking site is very hot but there is a gradient in the rest of the tank for thermoregulation

cheers k
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get a dimmer stat for the bulb too Wink

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
---k---
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok will do, if the basking spot is at 32, will it be ok to turn the heat matt off during day to have the rest of the tank at about 24-5? cheers
---k---
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry , another quesiton, know its not really relevant but didnt want to start another thread, what weight can you start to feed pinkies to leos, and what size mealworms and locusts would be appropriate for 35g leos, and also 20 g leos

thanks to anyone who replies , k
mattie
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt bother with a spot light , try just using a heat mat on a mat stat ,
nocturnal reps prefer there heat to come from below, so theres not really a need for a spot light just get the temps to about 30 c day and 27 night if u want to use a bulb just use a small 15 watt one this will encourage your leos to come out when the lights are out

about pinkys just make sure there smaller than the leos head and dont feed more than 1 every couple of weeks although i give my gravid females 2 a week

hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: