Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Norwich EHS show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim O
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i had a great day here today,met up with a few old friends and sold quite a few animals.
was not very busy ,but i put this down to the bad weather and also being the last day of half term holiday.
I managed to pick up a pair of Elaphe Carinata (thanks peaches Wink )
and i even bought a female royal Shocked Laughing
and a big thank you to Trese for helping me out on my table Wink
Put this one in your dairy for next year ,a good day out Very Happy
trese
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur welcome jim was a good day and am very pleased with my royal, an was nice to meet some new facesan see the ones i knew already
H.S.
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the show was quite good. It was certainly quieter, which as a punter was good, but I guess those with stalls would have liked it a bit busier.
I saw a fair few animals that I would have gladly purchased (Goins Kingsnake, Speckled Hognose (and I don't usually go for Hognose), Mexican Black and much more. Unfortunately, even though I had tried to soften up Mrs HS by taking her away for the weekend and showering her with good food, fine wine and the freedom of Norwich. She still held firm and vito'ed any new animals until the shed is ready. Rolling Eyes
However, there was a lot of equipment and decor both new and secondhand available at good prices, for which I took advantage. Very Happy
I came away with a sizeable piece of Cork Bark, flouro UV strip, several pieces of slate, a large Exoterra and lamp unit.
The Exoterra will house a yemen in the not too distant future.

I will add that it may not have been the biggest of the shows, but I came away with the impression that it had a greater variety of snakes than previous shows, and plenty of inverts, although it was lacking in lizards. Definately not all Corns and Leo's. Wink

I will go back next year if it is on. Smile
cazyp
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the EHS can I thank all the people who turned up on Sunday. An amazing selection of CB animals were on offer.
It is a shame that attendance was poor with most of the people through the door being local.

We understand that the show was cancelled last year due to the schools over-run building work and perhaps this played a part.

The show was well advertised locally in papers and radio and nationally on web sites. It is only through continued support that we can hope our English shows might grow towards the European volumes. We hope those who came this year didn't feel it a wasted trip and will attend again in 2008.

Many thanks

Caz
dantro
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone take any pics of the show?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have to say that this show had the BEST catering.....no 30 minute waits for a bacon roll Cool Laughing

I enjoyed the show, I didn't actually arrive until the minute it opened to the public so I had fun setting up my display with everyone coming past Embarassed Laughing

Yep the attendance wasn't good at all and is a great shame to see a show that was known for being packed full of visitors to only have a fraction of the usual number. I believe greater advertising on reptile websites would of helped but there's not too many places you can actually promote an event. I did put a banner up a few days before the show on ReptileClassifieds and would of been more than happy to display one on the main forum if one was available (I hope EHS didn't mind me creating the banner I used to help advertise).

There was a nice selection of animals and the venue was easy to find and well laid out.

Hopefully next year it will be busy like in previous years.

Was good to meet Caz, your python fed last night Wink also thanks to Pete, yours also ate two rats last night Cool Good to chat to everyone again.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
goldenburm
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew she would she was very hungry as wqas due a feed last thursday and did not want to feed her before taking her!
1.0 pastel motley DEAD
2.0 sunglows 1.0 LIVING
1.1 pastel het snow 0.1 LIVING
2.2 albino boas DEAD
0.2 albino ara's DEAD
0.4 boa constrictors 0.2 LIVING
boaworld
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantro wrote:
Did anyone take any pics of the show?

i have got a few but low quality
TJ
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were signs up, taking photos not allowed. What was the reason for that?

TJ

www.freewebs.com/surmareptiles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: