Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LivefoodsForGood.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaz
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: LivefoodsForGood.co.uk Reply with quote

Just thought i would share this link with you Smile
Brought a few times and was really pleased!
Prices i have yet to find cheaper and its good, you are helping a charity as well Very Happy
Might be something someone will want to look at Very Happy
LivefoodsForGood.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cleef
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some mealworms, locust and brown crickets from here, highly reccomended.

I got well more than what the 'approx' amount should be for each tub. 10 locust? I got more like 30 Cool

Nice and cheap too, nice find shaz.
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good guys! Will have to check them out. Laughing
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback, things have been a bit slow over at LivefoodsForGood.co.uk since the Royal Mail stirkes last year hit us quite hard - many customers seem to be unable to understand that Royal Mails situation was beyond our control and havent been back. We did all we could under the circumstances but lost a lot of customers.

Now our Royal Mail nightmare is long over and everything is back to normal, please drop by and have a look... I may be a bit biased, but I reckon we're the best around, and with 30% of the profits from every sale donated to the Proteus Reptile trust and conservation charities, buying from us benefits the hobby and helps address some of the wider issues affecting reptiles in the UK and abroad.

Finally, a Very Happy New Year to all you folk at CaptiveBred!
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

signing up this week and will give you a try... great ethic!
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any chance you will be doing frozen foods in the future?
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered some flightless house flies yesterday, arrived today all seems fine... 3 hatched already.

lets see how the rest do as these can be tempremental I discovered last year.

but all in all good quick cheap and for a good cause so far !
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update, flies have a great hatch rate and are very good.

have had a lot of trouble with these flies from other breeders in the past so very refreshing..

consider me a customer Wink
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more of an update now I have been using them for a while..

last 5 tubs of curly wingged flies have been non starters, either all dead on arrival or simply not hatching. Brown crickets sent 3 sizes too small and as black crickets.

Problems I have reported were sorted out, but still have been a bit off putting.

still great for locusts and brown crickets usually as they give very generous portions
WelshBoa
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered from these on Tuesday as liked the ethic behind donating a small percentage of money and the *generous* servings per tub!

Please before I go any further this isnt a gripe or complaint....

So ordered tuesday on checkout screen it says only delivery available is first class post which is fine and delivery is cheaper than other site.

Thought they may possibly arrive today but nothing - no problem.

I look at my account status and it shows order status as "preparing". Dont know if this is live time updating, but I know with the other site I use it is emailed when received, processed and dispatched.

I email them just to ask whether the food has been dispatched.

"All orders are despatched in accordance with the schedule on our website. Please allow 5 working days for delivery"

So I email back saying, I know its only 2 days in and thats fine, but can you tell me whether they have been despatched otherwise I will get some crickets locally to tide me over the weekend.

Get a reply

"As previous your order will have been despatched in accordance with our despatch schedule. Please see website for full details"

Feels like I am talking to a bot! I appreciate it is only 2 days since I ordered, and am not complaining about delivery. Just wanted to know if I should try and buy some tomorrow as our post always arrives well after I leave for work.

I appreciate businesses can be busy but surely a simple check could be done to tell me whether the item has gone out in post.....

I dont mean to sound arsey or impatient as I am neither, and this isnt a negative post as such, just feel a little extra with regards customer service and the personal touch could be implemented here. It goes a long way with online shops. I can get crickets locally but after reading the first few reviews on how good they were decided to try.

I know the owner or worker has obviously registered here so I welcome any feedback....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: