Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fijian Crested Iguana Colouring Competition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Competition Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just A Beginner
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Fijian Crested Iguana Colouring Competition Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm running a colouring competition to raise money for the Fijian Crested Iguana Project. I've got Scott Keogh from the Project's backing and now I just need your help Very Happy. I'd like to invite you all to take part. Only 50p to enter, anyone and everyone can enter, the winners of the four age groups will win a Fijian Crested Iguana T-shirt (under 7's, 8-12 years, 13-17 years, and 18+ adults... yes, adults can join in too! Anyone who can pick up a crayon or pen can join in!). Top Prize is a family ticket to London Zoo (great reptile collection there; komodo dragons, black mambas, gaboon vipers even a crocodilian, plus all the other animals).

Crayon Conservation- Fijian Crested Iguana Competition
Fijian Crested Iguana Project

The Fijian Crested Iguana (Brachylophus vitiensis), is a unique iguana endemic to the Fiji Archipelago in the South Pacific Ocean. Iguanas are a group normally associated with the Americas, and for quite some time it was thought that iguanas came to live on South Pacific islands by rafting in by chance on floating debris after stoms in America thousands of years ago. Recently, an ancient iguana-ancestor fossil was discovered in Mongolia, suggesting that these South Pacific iguanas are closer to the Asian evolutionary origins of iguanas.

Fijian Crested Iguanas were discovered by western science around 1980 and used to be found on 14 of the Fiji Islands. Today they are Critically Endangered; found on only three islands and with less than 6,000 animals left in the wild.

This is in part to test the water, but if it is a sucess I might make it a regular competition with other endangered species (I've got the Project Heloderma: Guatemalan Beaded Lizard lined up for the summer if this takes off), occasionally a native species and bigger prizes.

http://www.geocities.com/crayon_conservationist/
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I've printed an entry form for my 7 year old daughter. Smile
Just A Beginner
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, I hope she enjoys it!

gjuk
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fijian Crested Iguana Colouring Competition Reply with quote

Quote:
yes, adults can join in too! Anyone who can pick up a crayon or pen can join in!)

Hello,

Do you have to use Crayons, or can you use a computer to "colour in" the picture? Very Happy

Cheers!

Jon
Just A Beginner
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I don't see why not! Very Happy

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with it a worthy project indeed splendid animals these are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Competition Area All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: