Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lighting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Lighting? Reply with quote

Anybody use any lighting 'rigs' etc, I can never get the light to come out well, bleaches everything out.

any tips?

(other than learn to use the camera properly!)

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the on board flash but adjust its output..in most situations this works fine for me..only time I struggle is when I am taking pics of animals that have powersuns lighting the viv..
varanus
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try gettign yourself a speedlite scott they are very usefull and give far better results than on board will also if you get one make sure you get a diffuser

I also like my macro flash mr 14 ex its very good for close up work but if your over 4ft away forget it you can turn one or the other of the sides off if you dont like the shadowless look it gives aswell as useing it as a master with speedlites as slaves allows me to use it in front of things and have my speedlite to one side given me some nice results but takes practice
photographymatt
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi scott. Try one of the canon flashs on a manfrotto macro bracket. This bit of metal allows you to use your flash of to the side or to use two flashes to the side of the lense.
[/img]

Heres an example of how mine looks. I added a lumiquest mini-soft box to both flashes to lessen the harshness of the flash up close.

If this is OTT for what you think you need, one flash connected to the camera by a extention lead (£20 or something) with a mini softbox(£like 20) will be better than using on board flash.

sorry if i seems like im mumbleing on...Im not too good at explaining myself:-) PM me if you have any questions, if I can answer them,Ill try to:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: