Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Killer instinct DVD series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Killer instinct DVD series Reply with quote

I have just watched "The World of the deadliest snakes" DVD featuring Rob Bredl. There was some great footage of natural behaviour including tiger snake neonates predating each other, frogs eating neonates, inland taipans hunting and killing their prey, as well as a brown snake killing and eating a taipan. Some interesting venom related horror stories also.

Rob Bredl makes Steve Irwin`s snake and crocodile handling antics look positively reserved at times. What`s more he does all the snake catching bare foot! At less than a tenner also I would say that this DVD was well worth watching. I shall be after some more of the series, especially the Australian pythons episode as well as the Lizards one which appears to feature a lot of varanus species.
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good! Laughing
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should give it a go Louise, I just watched what is described in the following paragraph.

Amazing footage of Rob handling the 4th deadliest snake in the world, the King Brown. Rob was describing the attack techniques and even the “run away behavior” of this frightening snake when it turned in an instant and lunged back at Rob. Without pausing for breath Rob instantly describes his technique of standing still in such an attack. He does this as the snake propels itself at Rob’s legs… judging Rob’s static legs are part of the landscape (what prey would be silly enough to stand still?) it falls harmlessly to the ground between Rob’s legs. Rob then had to move after this first strike because the snake was now close enough to strike successfully. Rob moves out of the way… the snake sees the movement and strikes again… missing Rob by millimeters… it’s frightening footage that proves Rob is the real thing… a cool thinking, intuitive animal handler that lives to teach us more about his remarkable world every day.

It happened exactly as it is described. The guy has nerves of steel and did not move a muscle, and just chuckled!
www.btcvcymru.org
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love watching this guy and his dad has a lovely snake named after him.. Wink
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly has. Wink
www.btcvcymru.org
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him and the series! Cool
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* adds to Christmas list* Wink
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what I got for Christmas! Laughing

I`ve just watched the Australian Pythons episode. Fantastic footage of Australian pythons in their natural habitat. Jungle carpets are featured as well as water pythons, a 16ft Amethystine python which Rob Bredl handles impressively, and desert carpets. He find`s a Bredl`s python (species named after his father and one of my favourites) which is no easy task in itself.
He travels to "Mud island" and tracks down the resident carpets also. Then off to mount Etna to see children`s pythons catching bats.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and highly reccomend it too. Rob Bredl doesn`t miss a trick and keeps his eyes peeled for all manner of tracks and signs. I am just about to sit down to his Lizards episode. Mostly about Goannas but with some comparitives to Komodos as well , so I will report back soon. Wink
www.btcvcymru.org
Gavva023
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but i also love watching this guy, although it was a few years back i was catching him on Animal Planet.

Anyone seen the episode where he gets in an enclosure with an angry male wombat? Never seen a man his size jump a wall that quickly Razz
SiUK
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought five of his DVDs ion a set from ebay for £15 I got

Snakes
Spiders
Big cats
Sharks
Crocodiles

I really enjoyed watching them all, the snakes one I have watched quite alot of times, the other one I really like is the crocodile one the mans a nutter with those crocs, what made me laugh was how hes been bitten on numerous times by crocs just flesh wounds and he calls them love bites Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: