Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feeding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smifffy
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Feeding Reply with quote

I have just fed my kid's corn snakes for the first time, they seem to have eaten without any problems (which I assume is a good a sign) but I can't seem to find anything in my books about handling them after feeding or how to tell if they are still hungry.

Thanks
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldn't really handle them after feeding until the lump (mouse etc) has disappeared from it's stomach.

As for knowing if it's still hungry, most snakes will just keeping eating (as in the wild they never know when they will catch their next dinner). If your feeding pinks or fluffs you can feed up to 3 times a week, weaner mice twice a week, adult mice weekly to every two weeks.

This is a good maintaince diet, things would change if you were breeding your snakes.
smifffy
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Although I seem to be getting quite into the snake thing I'm note sure I'm up to breeding them yet.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any pics of your snake to share?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: