Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An alternative to conticos
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: An alternative to conticos Reply with quote

My girlfriend got me some of these today. They are really well built and securable. They come in a wide range of sizes, here is the site if anyone wants to check it out;

http://www.reallyusefulboxes.com
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would highly recommend these as well forget conticos ....pish ....

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about VIVARIUMS

These used to be used by people who actually want/like to see and enjoy the beauty of there animals Evil or Very Mad

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
How about VIVARIUMS

These used to be used by people who actually want/like to see and enjoy the beauty of there animals Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Yes Dan, I understand your point put across in your usual style! Wink

I totally agree and have both vivariums and tubs. If I had a viv for every snake however I would a) need to have won the lottery and b) have a good deal more room, say another 5 rooms perhaps? Laughing

My kings and milks being very secretive animals in my opinion would be a waste of time in a lavishly furnished viv as they seldom show themselves. They really suit the tubs and thrive in them. Plus, they are transparant and WAHAY! I can see the snakes through them. Smile

It`s not just snakes I use them for. They are very useful for livefood rearing and various other jobs. Invaluable for rearing and metamorphosing frogs etc. This is a forum for keepers of all herps not just snakes and plenty of people will find these useful. They are also great for secure temporary housing of loads of other stuff including dart frogs and other amphibians, which I can also see through the transparent boxes too! Wink
www.btcvcymru.org
Ally
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be lost without them!
I keep all my frogs in them as they keep a nice high humidity. I have vents put in the ones that the snakes live in, their dinner does very well living in tubs too! Oh, and the snails and millipedes... and the lizards... and the bird that is being hand reared... and all the various equipment I have hanging around....

They really are very useful!
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me tubs in fact I have a fetish for anything that is receptacle like. Laughing

I use mine for roaches, baby frogs and toads, storing equipment, breeding mealies, housing pixies, millipedes, with lids of for my lep gex etc.

You can never have enough tubs, faunariums, tomy tanks, tuff crates and so forth IMO. All of my adult chams are in properly set up vivs, young chams in faunariums as they hold humidity better. I have loads of various size glass tanks also for frogs that need to be house don their own such as cranwellis and ornata, glass tanks also for the Salamanders.

Lovely tanks and receptacles deep joy. Very Happy

http://www.plastics.medways.co.uk/whitefurze/p-7.htm Cheaper and no need to order so many.

Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could get all deep and meaningfull so i'll keep it short.

IMO then Peter you have too many snakes. If you can't afford the housing or space then you don't get anymore, that simple. You're not a pro so in my eyes don't need racks.

Just my take on the general situation (using Peter as a well placed example), as such it doesn't need a response.

Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Dan . You`re opinion is always of interest to me. If you read the post again however, it`s only the secretive kings and milks which are in the tubs which are also transparent so I CAN see them and enjoy them, so not all that different to a viv really, just a lot more practical. Having too many snakes is normally represented by the collection being a chore to look after . In contrast, mine are a pleasure to look after and I watched every individual animal (other than one king that was in shed) feed last saturday night from the Hoggies right through to the GTP and enjoyed every second of it.

No I do not have too many snakes, far from it. Additions in the future will be going in both vivs and tubs, depending on the species and their habits/behaviour (and also age).

What I also said was that snakes are only a part of my collection, (and in all honesty by far the simplest of my collection to maintain involving by far the lowest maintenance of all my animals, including those snakes in vivs) and that the tubs are of INVALUABLE use for feeder insect breeding (I have lots of them full of locust`s and crickets etc) as well as amphibian morphing/rearing and also a great safe temporary escape proof place to place my viv snakes in whilst doing a spring clean of the vivs. These are some of the reasons I posted the link. NOBODY HAS TO GO AND BUY THEM. A lot of people will find them of great use however, whether they keep snakes or not.

There is more to the tubs than just racking up hundreds of never seen snakes Dan.

That`s about as "deep and meaningful" as I can get so don`t panic! Wink
www.btcvcymru.org
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really is my last post:

Quote:
If I had a viv for every snake however I would a) need to have won the lottery and b) have a good deal more room, say another 5 rooms perhaps?

Quote:
If you read the post again however, it`s only the secretive kings and milks which are in the tubs which are also transparent so I CAN see them and enjoy them.........

I read your posts just fine Wink

End of my input Smile

Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correctamondo Dan. A grammatical error on my part. Embarassed
The words:
"If I had a viv for every snake " granted should have read "If I had a viv for every ANIMAL." I apologise for the shocking wording. Laughing

My mistake! My carpets are in 5ft vivs as you can see here:
http://www.captivebred.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4475&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Most of the other pythons are in 4x2x2 vivs. I suppose I WOULD need another five rooms if I kept ALL my animals in vivs this size.

The point is, tubs have a great many uses , whether one chooses to put snakes in them (either permanently or temporarily) or not.

Input away! Wink Very Happy
www.btcvcymru.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: