Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

snake and set up
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: snake and set up Reply with quote

hi all in my local paper there is a corn snake with 3ft viv all together £175 is that a good deal im not sure of its age but dont they need a bigger viv??????
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rang people up its 4 yrs old , 2 and a half foot , a carolina morph?? ,, no previeous health problems feeding well etc ,, set up is 3ft with basking bulb on habisat dimmer stat , uv on wood chippings with hid bowls etc 175 what do u all think ????????
stormiemanda
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personal would go for it and my 5ft rat snake is in a 2 and half Viv so i think that Viv would be fine!!!
Manda xx
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks manda
stormiemanda
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on quick thing Cass have you owned a corn snake before?? do you no what you will be looking for when it comes to seeing if its healthy??
Manda xx
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thats y i prob wont buy this 1 i would much rather do a lot of reasearch first any tips Wink
stormiemanda
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yer that might be an idea before you get the Viv for the corn snake check for any small gaps as they will escape from the smallest hole lol and you really don't want a loose snake in your house!!! and also look on the corn for any strange bumps lumps and any strange looking scales or snout rub!!! also ask what size mice and how often it feeds ideally ask if you can come on a feeding day and watch it feed hope this helps
Manda xx
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks do u own 1 and what if it decides it wants to bite me all the time
stormiemanda
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i don't own one i own a rat snake and if it bites you then i believe the thing to do is put it back in the Viv if you are worried about it biting a good trick i learned was to buy some garden gloves (Wilkinson's £3.99) and get your scent on them by wearing them around the house then place one in the Viv with the snake that way he gets used to your smell and you can wear the gloves to handle it until its happy with you and wont bite!!!
Manda xx
stormiemanda
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i don't own one i own a rat snake and if it bites you then i believe the thing to do is put it back in the Viv if you are worried about it biting a good trick i learned was to buy some garden gloves (Wilkinson's £3.99) and get your scent on them by wearing them around the house then place one in the Viv with the snake that way he gets used to your smell and you can wear the gloves to handle it until its happy with you and wont bite!!!
Manda xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: