Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My baby has a cut tail ?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plums77
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: My baby has a cut tail ?!? Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Can anyone help or give me some general advice ??? i noticed my youngest corn has a cut on his tail, it hasnt bled but I am slightly worried, i dont want to over react and take him to the vets (which are so hard to find where i live) unessiserily - any one got any tips on anything i can do to help it out ?? I havent a clue how this happened - they are always in view of me when he is out and about. any advice will be appreciated.... many thanks..[/quote]
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get a photo of it?
plums77
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I havent access to do that. it is about a mm and 1/2 about a cm from the tip of his tail. My boyfriend has turantulas and he has been advised in the past that if they are bleeding, to put talc on the injury or they could bleed to death ?? I am not sure if the same applies to snakes, it doesnt seem to be bothering him i just wouldnt want it to get infected or anything.. any tips?? thanks alot Wink
experienced snake handler
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the cut has not bled and it is not that big then your snake will be fine it just means that the snake has a dry graze but i do advise you keep it clean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: