Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unwell Yemen....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Unwell Yemen.... Reply with quote

Every time i checked on one of my female yemens this morning i noticed she was hanging upside down on the branches, a few hours later she was on the ground and been there since, when i approach the viv she makes no attempt to move or do anything.The strange thing is she looks as well as the others do,she is on the same diet and viv design as the others.But with her spending the last 5 hours on the floor its not looking good for her,
Anyone else expereienced anything like this with theres?
Jas
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how old is she?

has she laid many clutches previously?

Has she been mated in the last 30 days?

I must admit it doesn't sound to hopeful, is she properly hydrated? see if you can check her mouth for any foreign bodies.

Good luck
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott

She is about 6 months old.

And she hasnt been mated yet.

She was eating and drinking a day before this happened.Her mouth is all ok and been given her water on a dropper.Her colour is the same as norm and her eyes are not sunken.Just got home from work and it seems she has spent the whole day on the floor in the same position as when i left her this morning.Im kind of thinking its some sort of vitamin defficiency but they all get vitts dusted twice a week on the crix and the crix all get gut loaded with a blend of seeds,grain,bee pollen and parrot rearing food.
There has also been a tub of sand,peat left in there for the past couple of weeks.
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i said about the vitamins is because of her behavior, every now and then she wriggles on the floor with her belly as tho she is trying to bury herself in the substrate ,ive just got her out and she took quite a bit of water from the dropper whilst she was on my hand,she sat on my hand like there was nothing wrong with her.As soon as i put her back on the branches she lowered herself back onto the floor with her tail....Strange.....
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely sounds like she is in discomfort. could be vitamin related, probably a trip to the vets is needed. not seen anything similar in any of mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: