Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My African Grey..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: My African Grey.. Reply with quote

This is Rocky my grey..thought I would take some snaps of him whilst he was out tonight.. Cool Anyone else keep greys?..I know a couple of members do..feel free to post pics on this thread of yours.

Think he got fed up with the camera so decided to go back in!..he opens his door and just goes back inside with no fuss..unlike some I have kept where you have to chase them round the house to get them in..lol

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does yours talk much Stu? can't remember if it was the parrot insulting me when I came round or you Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Probably a bit of both!..lol Yes he does talk plenty..sings dances the whole lot!..Lost track of sound effects he does and he says over 100 words phrases etc..quite often sits there chatting to himself..mind you so do I, Mich ignores me most the time!.. Laughing
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he ever do your mobile ring, thats the most annoying one!!

Lovely parrot anyway Cool
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Cheers James and yes he does! He is good at "PollyPhonics"..lol..seriously though if we change the house phone ring tone he learns the new one within a week!! Rolling Eyes
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this one is for "ballmorph" Nhl mode... Rolling Eyes Razz Wink
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need the sunglasses for that one Cool
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing if anyone was wondering....this is what I was referring too.. http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=43323
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have an African Grey EB / HR about 17 years ago. He was the most amazing parrot, he would follow me everywhere even to the loo, he was just so clever and tame he really bonded with me. He was called Tango. I built him a play stand huge thing it was, he used to call the dog in from the garden and wind the dog up on purpose. Tango would hang upside down off his play stand whilst calling the dog (mimicking my voice), the dog would come in realise it was Tango winding him up and try to jump up to get Tango, Tango being clever would allways position himself just a natts distance away from how high the dog could jump. Tango knew exactly what he was doing. He was just so amazing I loved him to bits. At sunrise Tango would imitate the phone ringing, great at 4.30am! Had to have a phone extension in the bedroom in the end! If he was awake then everyone else had to be and he wouldnt stop calling till I came to play with him.

Sadly late one night he started to gurgle and lose his balance, all the while he was talking to me and snuggling up to me in my arms. Two hours later he died in my arms. There was nothing I could do by this time it was about 2am. I had tried ringing my vet but with no luck.

I arranged for a PM; it turned out he had inhaled toxins, that had caused excessive fluid on his lungs, basically he drowned. The cause of this; my wife (divorced her, not cause of Tango) had boiled some eggs in the kitchen, the pan had run dry as she had forgotten about the eggs, the heat on the empty pan caused the pan to release cetain toxins, that could not be smelt, not sure what ones, not harmful to humans but fatal to birds. The next morning I also found my two long term budgies were dead also. I had had them since I was a kid.

I can honestly say the death of Tango and my budgies broke my heart big big time. I have seen some horrors in my time this ranks amongst them. Holding Tango whilst he died was just heart breaking and the feeling of helplessness was incredible.

I shall never ever forget Tango he was just such a character and so bright and loving. I have sometimes considered getting another Grey, but Tango can not be replaced and I don't honestly think I could face it.

Rick
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if my post depressed anyone, was not meant to just brought back fond memories.

Rick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: