Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hingeback enclosure & pics for gfletcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrambled legs
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: hingeback enclosure & pics for gfletcher Reply with quote

pics of the hinges 'table' plus a picture of the sub adult having a bathe and a pic of the juvenile.

hope you like em, sorry about the shell of the sub adult, it was like this when it was rehomed. we have another one that looks like a ryvita!

Neil.

crested geckos, rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils, cat, jackapoo, poodle, a gazillion fish.
scrambled legs
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm, , please ignore the display on the digital hygrometer... its not too accurate plus pics were taken before 2nd spray in the day. Embarassed

Razz
crested geckos, rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils, cat, jackapoo, poodle, a gazillion fish.
GFletcher
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice - bought the ceramic light today and the attachment til i can sort out a fittings for it, also introduced some meal worms, tho today my Tortoises have been sleeping under the log, in fairness with the light/heat been on and the humid weather today I don't blame them.

I got the books through today and started to read them over but some of the information is presented in a fashion that would show as studies rather than a guide in which is easy understanding, I have taken note of some of the plants which they list and know I have some of those dotted. We are lucky in the sense we have an allotment so a lot of the plant life can be grown readily for them or they have been growing there for sometime (IE dandelions) I picked some fresh strawberries today so that's tomorrow meal Smile

I showed my dad the open plan you have and it would seem he knows what I'm looking for so when I come back off my hols I will source something like that, it is nice to know that the method is trialled and tested has I visited the store again today to get the meal worm and the assistant is firm belief of the viv because of the humidity control, so I understand that but I am also sure like us humans they wouldn't want to be baking hot all the time, we like the rain (humidity) and we like to choose cooler spots which atm all they have is the escape of a log and a water dish.

I registered Victor and Horus to the vets today so that's next weeks task when I get back off holiday is to send them in for a check up since it would be nice to make sure they are in good health something scared me though, in the 'milly' book there is a tortoise with a suspicious white mark on his carapace, this mark has been on Horus since I got him his mark is at the bottom part of the carapace, I can only imagine he has rubbed something in his last environment or failing that may in fact have some health issue, but this will be determined soon enough, I don't want to worry so I wont jump to conclusion and let the vet tell me the ins and outs.

I will find some snails for next week and that will be there protein Smile as I said about meal worms, unfortunately they may like them but I am on the other fence and I freeze with them, I cant handle them so its down to my Brother or Dad to feed them to the two Embarassed

Gaz
scrambled legs
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good to me,

those books are very scientific but i promise you that one day you'll just pick them up and they'll seem less confusing.. now to me they are a great source of info but i understand what you meant about them.... too much small text involved!

as for the vivarium vs tortoise table comparison, i know my tortoise room isn't cold but if you look at the picture, three out of the four hingebacks prefer to spend their time at the cooler end... this is a perfect example Cool
as long as the substrate is wet then there is going to be humidity.. think about the hinges in the wild too, ... a tortoise table replicates their natural environment, they don't have a glass tank in africa! Razz

i'll get some more pics up soon.

Neil.
GFletcher
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed the temp gauge and hygrometer - but the hygro only showing 60% before spray and after spraying?? does it take a while for it to read?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: