Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new camera and a question or two.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serpent
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: A new camera and a question or two..... Reply with quote

A new camera (Canon D400) and a few snaps and a question Very Happy
I have only ever had point and shoots before and this my first SLR Cool I have had it for 3 days but have been reading up for a few months but i am still a bit confused on a few things. Sad

If I have the camera on AV and take a picture and then check the histogram and the peaks are all to the left do you have to go down one f number or up ?

I have just been snapping away not really planning the shots and generally just messing about with the it but hopefully the weekend will have some nice weather and I can get out in the garden and practice a bit. I'm going to set the tripod up and get out a few camera mags and try and copy a few of the articles. I intend to write everything down and then see whats I'm doing wrong after checking the photo's sharpness and the histogram and other such complicated things Very Happy
I have definately noticed the colour difference between my old P&S and the SLR especially the blues and greens, any reason why ?

Any ideas on things to do at the weekend ?

New Pic's

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easier to give you a link to a site that will explain it better than I would..lol Laughing http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/histograms1.htm
TBH I rarely check the histogram at all...I used to but ended up playing around with pics too much in post process...You say the colours are different,check what colour mode the camera is set too..there are several settings for this so try each one and see what you prefer.
On the shots you have posted looks like you have missed focus on a few of them..as you say just get out at the weekend and enjoy and practice!! Cool Then sell it and get a nikon.. Laughing Razz
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stuart Cool

Quote:
Then sell it and get a nikon..

OUCH !!!! Shocked but I suppose that someone has to support the underdog Wink Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Photography & Photos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: