Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

big baby leo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snd reptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: big baby leo Reply with quote

our first giant hatchling we have 2 more eggs cooking from the same female mated to a shtct albino both eggs are huge due to hatch in 2 weeks
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Very Happy What is the size difference of hatchling between normal and Giant? I've got my giant pair together now for the first time, should have some eggs in about 2 weeks or so, and I have also put my male through some normal size females, just for good measure. I want to produce more giants and super giants I'm hoping to concentrate on the super sized variety I think they are really stunning. That one certainly looks a good size, not knowing what size your hand is doesn't help Laughing I know that their bodies are supposed to look longer between their front and rear legs as hatchlings.

Do you find Giant hatchlings are calmer than normals? If I tried that with one of my normal hatchlings i'd be chasing it for half and hour!! I have found though that if I leave my hatchlings in the incubator for a good 24 hours after hatching they are a lot calmer than if they are only in there for 12 hours, could just be a coincidence though.

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
snd reptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracowoman2 wrote:
Very nice Very Happy What is the size difference of hatchling between normal and Giant? I've got my giant pair together now for the first time, should have some eggs in about 2 weeks or so, and I have also put my male through some normal size females, just for good measure. I want to produce more giants and super giants I'm hoping to concentrate on the super sized variety I think they are really stunning. That one certainly looks a good size, not knowing what size your hand is doesn't help Laughing I know that their bodies are supposed to look longer between their front and rear legs as hatchlings.

Do you find Giant hatchlings are calmer than normals? If I tried that with one of my normal hatchlings i'd be chasing it for half and hour!! I have found though that if I leave my hatchlings in the incubator for a good 24 hours after hatching they are a lot calmer than if they are only in there for 12 hours, could just be a coincidence though.
the female is a giant but she only laid 1 fertile egg to the jungal abino het raptor the egg was rather large like a corn snake egg , it is rarther long in the body and is very skitty like a fish out of water i was chasing it for about 20mins to get this picture , i dont know if its a freak giant we have to wait and see what pop out of the other 2 eggs that are due to hatch in 2 weeks they are slightly bigger than the last egg i will get a pictre of the eggs there in with 2 normal sized egg
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Very Happy Some of my leo eggs regularly get called chicken eggs as some are much larger than all the others, but I haven't had any from the giants yet, so unless my females are making their own breeding plans and not telling me I just think the eggs are quite large from some of my females. It'll be interesting to see the size difference in the eggs from the giants by comparison, though they'll probably pop out normals instead of giants Laughing

I've got one African Fat tail hatchling that's only about 4 weeks or so old on the other hand that is almost a small adult in size!! And it's sibling from the same clutch seems to be heading the same way Shocked I nearly fell over when I lifted it's hide the one day to check on it and saw the size of it, and it wasn't huge when it hatched, it actually needs a bigger hide already.

Claire
snd reptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are the 2 big eggs still have 2-3weeks to go the normal sized are due to hatch next week incubating for females

our first jungal albino has hatch today nice suprisse didnt think the egg was going to hatch
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow there really is quite a size difference in the eggs. That baby is stunning, just goes to show never give up as you never know Very Happy

Claire
Steve H
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking hatchlings. Very Happy
What morph form of SHCT albino are you breeding as i'm breeding hi-glo?
snd reptiles
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
Cool looking hatchlings. Very Happy
What morph form of SHCT albino are you breeding as i'm breeding hi-glo?
our SHTCT albinos are from Jamie Swords both adults i will get pictures o them later

i was out with my dates with the eggs since i have just found 1 of the normal eggs has hatched tonight i checked the diary and the 2 big eggs was laid the same day so they are due to hatch any day
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be looking into the incubator every 5 minutes to see if they'd hatched, good luck with them, post piccies when they hatch Smile

Claire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: