Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A sad twist in Jakes story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: A sad twist in Jakes story Reply with quote

Im sure plenty of you have followed Jakes story and Im afraid Jake has been through more abuse than I forst thought.

The guy that I got Jake from came into the shop yesterday where I work and sed that my work collegue (Dartfrog) has moaned at him and said that Jake was in a state and how could he let him get like that.

He came up to me and said that he didnt breed Jake he rescued him off a breeder called Jamie Bird who owns a reptiles shop in Burnham apon crouch, Essex called Reptile Corner. Ive never heard of the shop and dont know a thing about the guy and dont wanna slag someone down when i dont know the facts.

But according to Dale the guy is a wellknown bearded dragon breeder and has lots of friends in high places (yeh like that scares me) and that the guy put beardie eggs into an incubator and the guy had racks and rack of them and he woke up to find Jake being the runt was ripped to bits by hes brothers and sisters. The guy was gunna put jake into the freezer but Dale sed he saved him.

From what ive been told is that baby reptiles have egg yolk already in their stomachs wich keep em going for a few days before they have the need to feed. So either Jake was truely ripped to bits on day 1 of hatching, the guy kept em together too long (jake was only a couple of inches snout to vent length or the guy simply didnt feed them at all and they naturally picked on jake cus they were hungry. Just pure neglect

Then Jake was left in with beardies with hes "rescuer" and they picked on him and at least made him bleed cus he had scabs when i got him. I was told today by the ex girlfriend of dales lodger that Jake was owned by Dale for at least a few weeks and that Dale was gunna kill him with a hammer at one point until he began to like him cus he was a "circus freak". She sed that whenever jakes was being picked on she would get him out and he was definately picked on by dale sbeardies. She wasnt sure that what petshop dale got Jake from but the breeder is out there.

Just a little update on Jake himself. Hes doing well and shed yesterday. Now eating mini locusts cus the crickets are boring him now. Eating hes veggies like a star and i think hes enjoying life. BLess him
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Emma
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im only new here, but have to say im glad he is in safe hands now and I hope he continues to do well for you! Congrats on the rescue! Very Happy
Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to hear how this little guy is doing. he seems like a brilliant little character got any updated pics of the little guy?

Terry
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive taken loadsa new piccys but for the next few days im having to borrow my brother laptop cus my computer has crashed.

Thankyou Emma for your commet and yours too Terry Rach

To Emma welcome to the forum!!!!
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Emma
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: