Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smashed Exo-Terra *not happy*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimpy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Smashed Exo-Terra *not happy* Reply with quote

Ok I'll make this quick.

I am very pee'd about this. I got an Exo-Terra from ebay (in good nick, lots of extras etc) when it arrived the whole right side was smashed completely (in transit i gather, cheers DHL). Now I got a quote from a glass cutting place and they said £25 just for the glass... Now I think thats fair considering the size and thickness (45x45x60 exo-terra) but I dont have a clue how I would go about fitting it and sealing it etc.

Do you all think I should go with the glass and try to fit it or buy some fine mesh and attach it to the side? It's only for my juvi/adult crestie but I was so excited about moving the little man... Confused

What to do? And how to go about it without spending a small fortune?

Cheers, Holly
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that sucks, was it down to the packaging being insufficient, or was it down to negligence by the parcel delivery people? Could you not try and claim against DHL or the delivery company for the damages? Have you spoken to the seller on ebay to see what they say?
Jase
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked £25? I made a whole glass viv bigger than tht for £30 Cool

Gimpy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea spoke to the sender. Looking to get the postage back but thats only a tenner).

I think it was just down to DHL throwing it in the van...It had fragile stickers on it. Mad
Brew
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimpy wrote:
I think it was just down to DHL throwing it in the van...It had fragile stickers on it. Mad

Thats prob why it got smashed, I work for a mail order company, we don't put fragile stickers on anything, more chance of it getting smashed.

I agree with jase, 25 quid sounds unreasonable. I'd get another quote from elsewhere, i've just been quoted £18.00 for 2 sheets of toughened 3' x 18". You dont need toughened coz the exo terra is not. So I would think around 6-8 quid would be about right. If its only temporary maybe go for the mesh option. If you do go with glass, you only need to silicone the new pane to the rest of the sides.
toyah
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you pay via paypal?

The fact it is broken in transit is NOT your fault. Open a SNAD dispute via ebay/paypal - the item is significantly not as described in that you ordered a tank with no smashed glass, and you have received a smashed tank.

You will have to return the item to the seller, but they will have to refund you. It's their responsibility to make sure you get the item you paid for in the condition they specified, not yours. The seller can claim via DHL if they want, but that's not your problem to get involved in...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Vivarium Design All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: