Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Tailed ratsnake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Red Tailed ratsnake. Reply with quote

A gonyosoma oxycephala
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice snake, have you noticed much difference between those and 'normal' rat snakes?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Scott, this one is now in Laurens shop, they are a bit more fiesty than corns, but stunning . Smile
Mwoxy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been keeping Gonyosoma for about 15 years now, I wrote an article in Reptilian many moons ago.

They are very easy to keep, assuming they are c/b or well acclimatised adults. Fresh w/c are notoriously aggressive and often heavily parasitised. C/b are occasionally available and well worth waiting for. They thrive and are stunning snakes. High humidity is not generally required for routine maintenence but is probably essential for succesful breeding, although I know some people have bred them without this.

Unfortunately I have only bred them a couple of times, a few years ago. One of my females laid three eggs this week, one definately a dud, will keep my digits crossed for the other two. Hoping I may have come out of the drought with these.

Cheers

Mark
sikorae
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was 1 of 6 eggs laid by a wc female that a friend couldn't incubate themselves, we took the eggs, 3 hatched 2 green 1 silver, but only this one survived.
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikorae wrote:
This was 1 of 6 eggs laid by a wc female that a friend couldn't incubate themselves, we took the eggs, 3 hatched 2 green 1 silver, but only this one survived.

Thats a shame.
Mwoxy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikorae wrote:

What were the difficulties with the two that didn't make it?

Cheers

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: