Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collared Lizards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Lizards - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Collared Lizards Reply with quote

Im still undecisive on what to get. i was thinking eyed lizards but they seem hard to get hold of, i really like collared lizards was thinking 1.1 or maybe 1.2. what are viv reguirments for these guys.

Also can you post pics of your collareds and enclosures, i think these will probably be what i will get. After i get my lil crestie a mate lol.

Terry
Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post me some piccies of collareds Smile
Laughing_Lizard_Lady
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: My collared lizard viv... Reply with quote

Hiya...

Here is a photo of the viv for my collared lizards. It is 3ft long, 2.5ft deep and 18" high. I have a pair who live happily in here and are currently breeding. I put a deep 'petpals' plastic box 2/3 filled with damp sand in the front left corner when the female is due to lay her eggs and she digs a deep tunnel and makes a cave below the sand.

I used to keep them in a smaller viv with cork bark etc which was functional, but since I upgraded them and added the large chunks of slate, they prefer it and enjoy warming themselves up on the rocks as they would do naturally in the wild. I have a 40w basking bulb (I tried 60w, but the basking temp. was 130'F so I quickly changed it over!) Now basking temp is about 110'F and cool end is around 85'F.

Which Collareds have you got? I love mine, they are really cool, friendly and curious lizards. I can take mine to bed with me for a nap and they will snuggle under my chin and move round as I move in bed!! They will also fall asleep on my shoulder whilst watching TV and hunt their prey like cats, wiggling their tail before attacking a bug!
Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply unfortunatly ay the moment i dont have any but im planning on buying some soon!! just waiting to move into my new house so i dont stress em out with a move. your enclosure looks brill any piccies of the little guys? love to see em. also do the male only display bright colour during the breeding season?

Terry
trese
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are my new mexico collard we have the only pair in the uk as far as i am aware at the moment and my mate who brought them over has a single female as well as a pair of auriceps collards

this is my male western collard he had suffered from mbd when we got him so he has a slightly crooked jaw

Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate but ive now seen mountain horned lizards i can only get one type of reptile so im really not sure lmao!! choices!! these guys are still a definate maybe though lol

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Lizards - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: