Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My snake is Eating himself???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even better one.

http://lllreptile.com/info/library/animal-care-sheets/snakes/-/california-king-snake/
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: My snake is Eating himself??? Reply with quote

The heat is off at the moment, as it is maintaining heat without the heaters. As I said when I first wrote about Alf, we have only had him now 3 weeks, the previous owners never bothered with heat for quite a while, I thought maybe this change has made him do this, but I have two Californian King snakes the other one is absolutely fine very happy and content with the change, not all snakes are alike tho, but even without the heater on, there is no change with him. Will try what you suggest, I'll try anything to stop him self harming, not like he can go to therapy Confused Surprised Also, when handled at first he seemed calmer, and thought maybe if he was out of his Viv more this would help, but no! whilst holding him, he grabbed himself again, the set up in his Viv is what he has had most of his life, just cleaner, as they was filthy when I got them, no excuse for filth like that!!! we have added and removed caves, wood, tree trunk hollows, bigger water dish, but to no avail, I gotta say, these are my husbands and my boys snakes, I'm more into Chameleons, but, I've fallen for this King, just something about him, I just want to help him, thank you Lynne for all your help thanks for the links, you're great x Lesley
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez i just wish i could help more!!! maybe the vet will get to bottom of it. he is lucky you have him now, what a life he must have had before, poor wee man.
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: My snake is Eating himself??? Reply with quote

A massive THANK YOU to LYNNE, I used the links you found, and one of them was another forum I asked on there and I had a great reply, a member had a picture of his snake doing the exact same thing as mine, but he said it was nothing to worry about my snake is just showing a very strong feeding response Surprised Shocked Very Happy hope this is the case, do feel a big relief, Will continue to watch him very closely
Lynne

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thats better news. at least you know he isnt the only one doing it. keep us updated though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: