Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this a sign of eggs to come? - DUW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr del
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Is this a sign of eggs to come? - DUW Reply with quote

Hi,

I was checking the tubs today while waiting for their dinner to defrost and I noticed the female corn seemed to have a slight mid-body swelling and then noticed what looked like smaller swellings from then on down her body.

I am wondering if this is the eggs geting arranged down her body and , more critically, if I should feed her at all or use a smaller mouse?

I had placed her with the male on a few occasions but as I am more used to royals and may have missed all but the latest breeding on 7/5/08. There was no mistaking this one. Smile

And here are the best pictures I could get of her "profile" today - appologies for the quality of the pictures the camera is a point and shoot and I'm a point and pray.

Can I also check she is just a normal amel? Bred to a normal male so nothing exciting in there either way was just curious.

Oh and in the last pic I don't have horns it's me finger. Twisted Evil

Opinions?

dr del
blueroses
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really difficult to tell on pictures. has her behaviour changed ? Has she stopped eating? Has she shed recently?
1.1 Caramel Corns(Toffee+Georgia)Bred
3.3 Royals(Edward,Thomas,Tobias,Millie,Emily,Tegan)

http://www.freewebs.com/bluerosez/
http://www.freewebs.com/simplysnakes/
dr del
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No she hasn't had her post brumation shed yet. She ate the adult mouse with relish so I guess it was nothing after all. Sad

She hides more than she used to and is sitting in the humid hide box at the moment - but she is not camped out there or anything.

I guess I just got excited when I saw a mid body bulge a week after she had eaten and slimmed down. Embarassed

dr del
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for what it is worth, I would check that an incubator was to hand. Eating right up to giving birth is fairly common, with my girls anyway. Not all eat, some fast almost from day one, but a lot do eat. Please keep us informed, and sorry if I am wrong but best to be prepared.

Sue
dr del
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is always best to be prepared. Cool

I've had the incubator up and running for a couple of weeks already just to check everything is working ok in case any of my royals bless me with a clutch.

It is running between 87.2 and 88.4 at the moment (87.8 as I type) with 88 being the target. Would those temps work ok for the corns too? I did breed them before but to be honest it was about 5 years ago ( I think) so I am a little rusty.

dr del
jimmy.on
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like eggs to me as my big amel female looks just like that but sadly they are not fertilized. let her run through your hand and count the bumps with your fingers and it will give you an idea how many eggs she has. nice copulation picks by the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: