Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great What do i do now???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bedley
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Great What do i do now??? Reply with quote

Well yesterday i collected all the weeds that Ishi eats cuz my nephew is Cutting the garden today. Well i have just found out that my mum has put weed killer on all the weeds today so what do i do about feeding Ishi?

There is a field behind the house that has all the weeds s/he eats but lots of dogs go on that field so do some cats. we have now lived in this house for a year (moved in 21st April 07) and i have never seen anyone use weed killer on them should i risk getting him/her some of them if i leave them to soak in water?
2.0.0 G Pigs
1.0.0 Cat (RIP T.C 12/04/2002 - 19/08/2007)
I tried to snort coke once but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
http://www.hermannstortoise.co.nr
scrambled legs
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

what kind of tortoise do you have?

scrap the weeds from the garden. just grab a carrier bag and go for a walk. i'm not sure of what kind of area you live in but i don't think you'll be too far away from a green area that you can pick some nice weeds from.

look on the packet of the weed killer and it will tell you when your garden will be safe for animals again.. just make a mental note of that.

also. if you are living with parents that like a nice tidy garden, then why not grow some weeds in a tray? or ask ma and pa to let you have a patch in the garden to grow some weeds on.

try this site for some weed seeds.

http://www.tlady.clara.net/herbiseed.htm

any questions please ask.

Neil.
crested geckos, rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils, cat, jackapoo, poodle, a gazillion fish.
Bedley
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and Ishi is a Hermann's Tortoise.

We have a countryside lane type thing near the house and there is tons of weeds there.
2.0.0 G Pigs
1.0.0 Cat (RIP T.C 12/04/2002 - 19/08/2007)
I tried to snort coke once but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
http://www.hermannstortoise.co.nr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: