Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello all, how are you???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Say hello!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kieransylvester
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: hello all, how are you??? Reply with quote

Hello there evryone as you can tell im new to this site and being honest im new to the reptile world. For many years i have had a very keen interest in reptiles, in particular snakes. Notibly the more dangerous ones, i can spend hours watching on discovery channel. Having done hours of research and much deliberation i recently purchased a 14 month old royal/ball python, which i named Shyla. She is beatiful and has an amazing temprement and i can now say im absolutely hooked. Just watching her in the Viv is amazing - a sight of pure beauty and nature. I believe she is a common ball with nice markings but i would love people to have a look and let me know what they think.

There are a few questions i would like to ask, Is it possible for a male and a female to live together (snakes that is)? Will they be happy like that? Is it necessary to install a lighting system within the VIV? And are there any good breeders of royals you can recommend, rather a grown on one than a hatchling.

Thank you for looking
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome to the forum..Personally I would keep all snakes apart unless pairing up to breed, they won't benefit from the company otherwise!.. As for breeders there are many on here but I would strongly suggest contacting ScottW he has some amazing royals from hatchling to adult size..
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: thank you for your reply Reply with quote

thanks for replying, so putting two snakes in the same viv isn't such a good idea, i'm lucky i bought another one just in case. Does scott have a website i could have a look at? I'm pretty sure my ball is a common - could you confirm this. Thank you for your advice its much appreciated

Kieran
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Scott owns this site mate..and yes your royal does look like a nice normal from the pic. have a browse through this... http://www.captivebred.co.uk/ball_pythons.htm
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow they are all spectacular, i don't think i have ever seen some of those morphs. i really like the zebra, better get saving. Thank you for your help mate.
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: hello all, how are you??? Reply with quote

kieransylvester wrote:
Hello there evryone as you can tell im new to this site and being honest im new to the reptile world.

Welcome to captivebred forums Cool

Glad to hear that your interest in herps has been well and truly "stoked up" with the aquisition of your Royal python. Smile
Being honest is the best way forward as well as being a failsafe way to gain maximum knowledge in minimum time. There is a broad pool of knowledge available here on the forums amongst the members so don`t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to, however silly you may think them to be.

Some good advice there from Stuart regarding housing snakes of almost any kind. Housing them singly and pairing them up for breeding purposes only would be by far your best option. Doing so closely replocates the normal state of affairs that occurs naturally which is always a good basis for reptile care in general.
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Central Scotland Reptiles
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Community!!!!
kieransylvester
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick one to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome. i'm glad there are so many experienced people out there with an abundance of knowledge to help people like myself. One quick question are there any good reptile shops in scotland - i know of Aquaucadbra in edinburgh (MMMM) and i enjoyed my time in serpentus in dunfermline - where i got my royal from - but are there any others??? seems to be a shortage of good ones! thanks again.
Central Scotland Reptiles
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Rintouls in Bathgate. But yes, there is a shortage of good reptile outlets in Scotland.
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Captivebred! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Say hello!!! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: