Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*FBH - IMPORTANT - Chris*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: *FBH - IMPORTANT - Chris* Reply with quote

Chris,
No matter how many times the FBH ask for support and for people to write to their local mp's or other agencies the actual number of people that do so is tiny!

Everytime I can almost guarantee you the reason why is that people DO NOT KNOW how to respond. Again everytime I suggest that the FBH give an example of how and what to write but I don't believe this to happen at all.

Look at this link, this is in response to the proposed ban of boids in the USA. It bascially allows ANYONE to send off a letter and feeling confident they won't look silly etc http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1509844,1509844

Isn't it about bloody time we were able to do something similar???

DEFRA's thinking of introducing a cost recovery on the CITES application process...that would be a good start!!!

Then there's the potential TOTAL BAN on amphibian species being imported, this is a reaction to the fungal virus that is wiping out wild populations elsewhere in the world....AGAIN..should we not be addressing this?

What about our concerns with the RSPCA? a mass of letters to the charity commision may open peoples eys?

I'm sure there's many issues that if enough people wrote in then it can only help our cause.

If you AREN'T capable Chris, then isn't it about time you stopped running the FBH like a one man band, there's MANY people out there that can get involved and WANT to get involved.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
hogboy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know any of the people behind the FBH and have no axe to grind.
But the only contact i have had from them in 3 years is notification of them
taking my subs from my paypal account, and a card posted.
In these days of email etc, how difficult can it be to do the odd e-mailshot ??
I'm quite impressed by the way the yanks seem to have organised themselves.
I'm crap at letter writing, but give me a template and i'll happily send off a few letters.
arthur cooke
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm too blame for the lack of news letters. I spend a lot of time sorting out my new home in Italy and I can't get access to the net at the mo but I'm hoping to get this sorted soon.
I agree with Scott that more needs to be done and I hope that when I get my broadband later this year that I'll liven them all up.
Also, I and others on the committee were exhausted after ten years of fighting the antis, to be honest it wasn't so much the fight with the antis that knackered me, it was the constant attacks on me by other keepers.
I'm back in Italy on the 3rd of May and will start trying to get on line, I have no landline, it was blown down in a storm and despite dozens of calls to Telecome Italia, it looks like the repair is not going to happen so I'm looking at this new mobile phone connection.
I'd be interested in any ideas on what to do next.
cheers arthur
mark68
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott. Do you not have to start by getting on the commitee ?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark68 wrote:
Scott. Do you not have to start by getting on the commitee ?

that's a good point Mark, although sadly I've not ever heard of any commitee meeting or nomination processes or in fact anyway of getting involved with the FBH.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
SteveL
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to have a brand new begginning for these types of groups, perhaps you should spend some of the membership fees on a good public relations person that lives in the UK and can keep people informed on things ..

Its great what these guys have done in the past, but things are changing rapidly and if you have people living abroad and unable to communicate
where does that leave you members ?

peace

jezz wrote:
I dont understand SteveL's sarcasm dohhh
mark68
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really bad Scott !!! I didn't realize. Have you tried writing to Chris about this ?
You would think he would welcome some help wouldn't you ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: