Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rheda April 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Rheda April 2008 Reply with quote

After many months of hard work and planning, the first Rheda Breeders Expo finally happened.

It was about a 30 minute drive past the Hamm venue and VERY easy to find being just a minute off the A2 motorway. The venue was a lovely modern building best described as similar to Houten. Plenty big enough with great food and toilet facilities. The organisation was very good, getting in and to your tables was easy, plus you could park a few metres from the door to unload (you had to move it again when you were finished).

Anyway, not really a problem for me as I didn't end up taking anything to sell. I decided I didn't have enough to warrant taking the display etc so decided just to go along to check it out. The hall layouts were great, plenty of space for vendors and plenty of space for visitors walking round.
Good to see Jas from www.reptilebreeder.co.uk there, he had some stunning geckos again!

I most admit it was disppointing to see the number of breeders that had booked but decided not to attend at the last minute, quite a few empty tables with peoples names on them. The variety of species was good, many 'goodies' to choose from and I think that anyone buying would of been able to haggle a good deal due to the lowish number of buyers.

Overall I would say the show was a success, YES the threats be other show organiser certainly had an impact which is a shame but hopefully it will stand the test and become a viable show.

I've plenty of photos but can't upload from this computer, hopefully sort some out tomorrow.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up Scott.
These pics of yours are you having them developed on the economy 48 day service? Laughing
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas wrote:
Nice write up Scott.
These pics of yours are you having them developed on the economy 48 day service? Laughing

Embarassed Laughing Right...that's it, YOUR pic will be the first one up Razz

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a camera too remember. Laughing
penfold
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: rheda Reply with quote

wat happened to photos Shocked Smile
1.1albino boas 1.5hogg islands 0.1dbl het sunglow 1.0 salmon hypo 0.1 anery boa 1.0jungle carpet1.1kalatoa dwarf retics 1.1black bloods1.1guyana red tail1.1san fransisco garter1.2applegate gophers1.3 yemens.columbian red tail1.1hermans.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed there stuck on my works pc, which is not able to connect to the forum Embarassed just waiting for the IT team to fix it Laughing

Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like usual i take my camera to all the shows, and like usual i bring it back without taking a single pic Rolling Eyes . Scott cant you email some pics to your home comp or to Stu, would be good to show peeps what a great venue it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: