Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No more venomous at the Terraristika in Hamm, Germany..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: No more venomous at the Terraristika in Hamm, Germany.. Reply with quote

Well, it seems like Mr. Frank Izobel is taking the venomous away from now on..

http://www.terraristikahamm.de/

Where to go now? Is the only way to go to Houten now, or is there other European shows that accept venomous?

Assumption is the Mother of all f***ups.
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recieved some information that one organisation in Germany wants to make the keeping of all reptiles illegal, and they have managed making venomous snakes illegal in some parts of Germany already.

Also, a television-team was at the show this March, and was able to make a 13-year-old to buy a venomous snake. This "report", or whatever you would like to call it, will be in the air on television next week..

So, it seems like Mr. Izobel (manager of the show) kindof bit he´s own a**..

I am hoping to be able to get a link to the television-show later.

Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea on the laws in Germany with regards to ages etc but it does seem totally irresponsible to sell a 13 a venomous snake but without being there and knowing the full details I wouldn't judge the situation.

It does seem like the noose is slowly getting tighter on ALL US reptile keepers in Europe.

I think the time is right to finally have one BIG organisation that can stand up and fight against further restrictions on reptile keeping...Europe wide!

A Flemish guy told me that Royal pythons are now banned in Belgium Shocked

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Morbid
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the television-clip: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3754161/RTL_Bericht_ueber_die_Terraristika_Hamm

Actually, the kid isn´t buying a venomous snake, just touching a boid..

Following text is taken from the Terrarisika´s homepage and translated to English by Babelfish, so please don´t get to upset by the order of words..

"Many of you, will ask themselves whether this drastic step to close the poison queue area up to further were necessary? Even if or other one may not understand or see the these in the first moment is I the firm conviction that we can do for the moment quite without a continuous negative reporting.
In many Lands of the Federal Republic eagerly to a prohibition of the poison queue attitude one works. Only because the situation in Hessen something did not calm down is called still for a long time that if we lock the eyes, this cup at us by-pulls.
Rather is it nevertheless like that the fact that for the moment those, which generally reject each reptile attitude, the trade and of poison queues as the more than grateful instrument used the attitude around a part of the population in fear and fright to shift. Unfortunately it is as frequently in the life so that that which unpopular decisions make must completely fast as the bad Bube is explained.
I must say honestly that some statements in different forums surprised me at least light. By hurrying ahead obedience which to me, up to extremely competent Usern those is certified my acting single only as insolence to commentate. Speculations going into the direction that I would have gotten pressure of authorities would like I here to disclaim and completely clearly express that I am the firm conviction in the momentary situation exactly the correct to have done.
We cannot afford for the moment simply into the focus of the public to move in such a manner and to radical Tierschuetzern again and again new attack regions offer. But if we are completely honest to us, nevertheless the pictures in the media speak a clear language. So clearly that none of us will probably be able this to weaken. There are to understand it now once these “humans” without it also only in the beginning, what they actually do to us all, so irresponsibly act. In addition, criticism to me as an organizer was expressed of particulars. Lastly finally it is nevertheless like that which I at this whole worse one debt is, because I did not control sufficient.
Many of you for many years the offerers or visitors of our poison queue area are to confirm will be able that as a rule 80% the exhibitor regular customers are, and regularly in Hamm to meet. Actually I also assumed a little most do not lock the eyes if the neighbour irresponsibly and only on self-interest oriented acts. I cannot explain myself also that to my further inquiries in the last days, I got the answer from 2 “Terrarianern” or other one is not me already been noticeable however I legend you who it was I am nevertheless no traitor.
Thus please which has it with betrayal to do, if a nevertheless quite small community is endeavored a meeting place to receive and in it participates black sheep to select? Not which I would like myself to acquit here of everything, because also I make errors, but as the poison queue area in Hamm we can concern a as explosive topic only together and not I alone. Because one is completely clearly without a high portion of conscious exhibitors, ready is responsibility also to be taken over, it also in the future will not go.
I for my part will anyhow do and will act my whole in the next time to the fact will align that we receive finally in completely Germany a uniform legislation which us right security give, and it all makes us possible our hobby again to exercise without reservation. I cannot for the moment exactly say when we in Hamm also again in the poison queue area will meet, but who knows me points also that I quite also am not ready for it against the river to swim if us hearing am given. I at least had to swallow this toad (all amphibian owners may excuse) of heavy heart, but is not called which I it already digested. And sometimes so everything can go completely fast.
Over the respective conditions of the things I so far am possible will hold it for you up to date. I ask however now already for understanding for the fact that I will not publish surely everything, but we must be conscious also over the fact that also the opposite side is not inactive and lately always ahead was us all a step. And exactly that it must itself change and therefore I will not stop a federally uniform guideline for the attitude of dangerous animals to demand. And I am sure me that we can to be prepared a guideline convertible for conscious Terrarianer together with federations as the BNA and the DGHT.
In addition, to other federations I would like to arrange still some reminding words, because should we far with it be busy only our own interests to notice, he momentarily still apparently marked way, undreamt-of circles will draw. One should be clear us all. Societies for the prevention of cruelty to animals live on donations, and if there is nothing more to protect, there are also no more donations. But that to be there may not do is perhaps stop after the reptiles the fish to, with which then the VDA lasts demanded. Also the zoo specialized trade should not feel too safe.
Only together we can ensure that in Germany also in the future still the possibility consists to maintain other animals except cats and dogs. I think thereby am said for the moment, on the whole only once everything, and hope for us all the correct step to have done.

With terraristischen greetings, Franc Izaber"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: