Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

live plants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no luck on that site Sad the guy said they buy in bulk so wouldn't have any smaller ones available. i'm gettin close to givin up Sad
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats strange they were great to me!

the wood will be fine I am sure Wink

ok well are you mobile as in got a car?

also how big is the viv and what type is it?
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a car and drove myself down to b&q in it where i found a few siutable plants Very Happy sadly they didn't have any cheese plants but said they'd be getting some in soon. it was so much easier than trying to do it all online!! and cheaper! i got a huge deveils ivy, a weeping fig, a rubber plant and a joseph's coat (but i'm not sure if i can put this in with them yet?) plus some umbrella plants that lee is getting me so it should be lovely for them Smile

i have a 3 foot wide, 4 foot tall wooden viv with glass front (i am replacing the bottom panel of glass and roof with mesh). i'll be dividing this for them to share while they're small. arrival a week today Very Happy
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a car and drove myself down to b&q in it where i found a few siutable plants Very Happy sadly they didn't have any cheese plants but said they'd be getting some in soon. it was so much easier than trying to do it all online!! and cheaper! i got a huge deveils ivy, a weeping fig, a rubber plant and a joseph's coat (but i'm not sure if i can put this in with them yet?) plus some umbrella plants that lee is getting me so it should be lovely for them Smile

i have a 3 foot wide, 4 foot tall wooden viv with glass front (i am replacing the bottom panel of glass and roof with mesh). i'll be dividing this for them to share while they're small. arrival a week today Very Happy
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jen, can you post some piccys of the viv please? How much was it and were from? Sounds a lovely size! Im having two of Lee later in the year and was wondering whether to house together or seperate. Let me know how they get on!

Counting down the weeks til I get my Cham! My beardie is 10 1/2 years old Smile

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its not finished yet as i'm still waiting for the mesh to arrive but as soon as its ready i'll put some up Smile i wouldn't recommend getting the same viv unless youve got room for two coz they can't be housed together and divided its just not big enough! well not in my opinion anyway Smile

http://www.urmstonaquatics.com/woodvivs.html

its the one at the bottom of the page. i'm getting two off lee on sat, very excited!

think i may have over bought on plants... i put them in yesterday and its ridiculously full! not even got the wood in there yet, might need a re think... Embarassed
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! Well as long as they can catch their grub Im sure they'l relish the plants! I wasnt plannign to keep them together - I think I misunderstood one of your threads and thought you were going to keep them together, hence I asked Smile So tempted to take on a Yemen I saw in the reptile shop yesterday - he was handed ion at 18months and is now still there 5 months later as noone wants an adult Sad poor boy-he so sexy! and friendly! If he is still there in the summer I will take him Smile
So on the viv - is the bottom part already mesh -thats good hey! Are you added more ventilation in too and if so where? how you splittint it? Just putting wood down the middle and where the lights going. oooooo I really like this viv and the boy from yesterday would look stunning! much better than his 3x2 he is in in the shop!
hmmm..... I feeel some negotiation coming on!
I hope the viv fits in your car! lmao! Are you buying too of these or are you still using the one you bought previously and adapting it?
1 week to go - how exciting! lots ofpiccies please!

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the male is too small to go in there atm but when he's a little bigger i'll divide it with a piece of would with mesh in the middle so that there is airflow throughout and drape a couple of plants over the mesh so that they def wont see each other. i'll be leaving the male in the big viv then get a terry thatcher type viv for the female when she's bigger.

the viv doesn't come ready meshed, but karen very kindly sent me some Smile the bottom panel and roof will be meshed this weekend. the lighting will then sit on top of the mesh. i will be leaving one sun glo bulb in the viv lower down though as i don't think (being quite a large viv) it will make the temperatures if all of the lights are on top, plus it makes a nive basking spot Smile i've just made sure that they can't reach the light so they wont get burnt.

oh and it only just fit in my car, but i had to sit with my feet really close to the pedals!! you should get the yemen, he'll already be showing all of his colours and adults are more hardy anyway! plus if he's been at the shop that long i'm sure they'll be happy to reduce the price just to finally sell him!

i got my sambava's from lee on saturday, i've posted some pictures on another thread ('sambava babies' i think?).
tigerbaby2k
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jen, I saw the pictures - GORGEOUS! I will post on there.

RE: the yemen, I am at uni until July then away in August so if he is still there in Sept when I start my Job and have my own house I will definately take him. The shop will be looking after my Beardie when Im away so when I ring in a few weeks time to confirm the dates Im away Il check to see if the boy is still there. He is priced at £100, so what do you think I should realistically pull it down to? Bearing in mind im not 100% sure of the age - just going on what they say he is. Also I need to sort out a viv for him.

RE : Baby panthers, Im taking some off Lee, again around Sept -Dec time as a graduation present to myself! Well excited!

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Lhasa apso
1.1 Lionheads
0.1 Syrian Hamster
jen23
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as lovely as i'm sure he is to keep, they are a business and everyday he's not sold he's costing them to keep, plus taking up space that they need for other animals that would sell, so you're in a good position to bring them down to your budget. explain that you'll have to spend around £200 on his viv etc. or you could come to a deal with them to spend a little more but for him to come with full set up. i'd say you could easily have him for £75. just have a chat with them and see what they're willing to do. by that time they might be giving him away!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: