Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Billercay aquatics (bad shop)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Billercay aquatics (bad shop) Reply with quote

Billericay aquatics
Little Warley Hall Lane, West Horndon, CM13 3EN

Tel: 01277 811822

these guys used to actually be in Billericay until they were evicted for unknown reasons.
When they were at Billericay they didnt seen to bad with their reptiles. The reptiles were in appropriately sized cages and kinda clean. Animals werent in too bad condition dispite the odd individual that looked a bit skinny. Substrates most of the time were inappropriate too. There was one girl called Lisa that worked there and she thinks she knows it all. She tried telling me that the larger stick insects were the males and smaller ones were the females Any one who picks up a stick insect book knows that females are nearly always the bigger in size compared to males. She tried telling me different even though I had kept stick insects myself. She sold a "male "californian king snake to Nelly and then she sexed it and it turned out to be female much to Nellys delight. This girl Lisa just thinks she knows it all. Dispite wrong advice given out by this no it all girl and some of the animals should have had better housing this place waasnt too bad.

then they moved to West horndon to the site which used to be Reptile masters('poo' hole that was)

Heather went to the "new" billericay aquatics place the other week and she saw that they had 4 adult wild caught Mellors chameleons all in the same tank 18" x 24" x 36" i would say all stressed out with about a square foot cube of space each to move, locusts crawling all over them stressed like hell up for £295 each. They had a pair of quadricornis in together for sale (wild caught of course) felame gravid showing gravid colours sitting there with her eyes shut, male looked ok i think. This is all that heather told me that she saw last time she was there.

Today my most hated reptile shop went rom Wiltons petshop to this place.

They had fully grown iguanas in the same fricken tank as beardies!!!!!!!!!!
One of the mellors was gone (I presume dead)
Female still gravid STILL NO PLACE TO LAY her eggs (not a livebirth spieces)
12 leopard geckos or more in a tank 18"x 10" with 'poo' everywhere all crawling over each other and stick thin tails.

A cooks tree boa up skiney as a rake we thought it was dead, head musclue all sunken in, had realllly dry skin, filthy black water bowl. and Lisa claims it was fed yesterday(yEH RIGHT)

They had berber skink with beardie with some type of agama(wildcuaght probably)

baby beardies with half tails all of them were nipped in some place or other.

Chickens in the same pens as rabbits out side

It absolutely stank to high heaven!!!!!!!!

tanks had 'poo' literally down the glass all drown the glass. Emaciated and dehydrated agamas (not sure of the type)

They have also just started doing birds like parrots and hens (they cant even look after the animals they have and is getting more

We looked around a bit and before we left we thought wed politely ask Lisa if maybe she could put a nest box with the nearly ready to burst feale quadricornis chameleon and then she turned round rude a hell to Heather who was only trying to give her advice to stop the female getting egg bound and dying. She sed shell just lay them on the branched (WTF WTF WTF WTF IS SHE TALKING ABOUT) shes never had a chameleon in her bloody life, nver read a book never actually took any ineterst in them and shes trying to to heather that she knows better than her. Heather knows her stuff believe me. Heather then replied well no Lisa they NEED laying site a pot of earth or sand or just something. Oh and did i mention they had fire bellied toads in the same tanks as the quadricornis about 6 or seven of them that live on the bottom of the tanks.

Lisa then went off on one how they are all fine and theres nothing wrong with them and thats when we were told to leave the shop

Thats when they asked us to leave

That rude know it all cow Heather and I left shaking cus we were so angry.

This girl is a bloody joke. Stuck up know-it-all who thinks she knows everything there is about animals and she has the cheek to to go up to people and tell them that they are wrong. She just makes up any old crap.

ANOTHER shop thats into reptiles for the money!!!!! she just doesnt care

Im ringing the RSPCA in the morning and also calling Defra and the environmental health agentsy

Dont go to this shop if you dont want to be infuriated, upset or told 'cow dung'
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Denzil (chequered garter snake)
Samson+Mickey (Crested geckos)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you have had quite a day

so is it you dont like both, the new Billericay aquatics and wiltons Question
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep they both need closing down due to neglect to their animals
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
Rad
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not been to the new Billericay aquatics yet sounds like i am not missing much

i have always found wiltons retile section ok, but i know what you mean could do with a bit of a clean up
whiteraven666
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiltons is a poop hole. I tried to rescue 3 leopard geckos from em and they all died because of sheer neglect. I found skeletons in their tanks.
Treakle (leopard gecko)
Jake (Baby beardie)
Draven (corn snake)
Cody (Velvet gecko)
dartfrog
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything that Kelly said about Billericay Aquatics is absolutly correct.The poor female Quad looked so sad showing really bad stress colouration, cant see her surviving for much longer if no nest site is given. No one seems to care about any of the animals all they want to do is stand around chatting when they should be cleaning the vivs which are filthy, dont think some of them have been cleaned out since they opened the shop at the beggining of the year I think. They really PISSED me off.
Heather.
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell them and if they fling you out tell them if they dont listen to you they will to the appropriate authoroties. do they not need licsenses?
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but they are anyone can get them
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they still have rules etc to follow jack. so i would find out who they get liscense from(prob council) and complain to them.
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: On Behalf Of Billericay Aquatics Reply with quote

Fact - Billericay Aquatics were not evicted from their previous business premise. They left of their own free will, although I can not go into detail due to ongoing legal matters.

Fact - Billericay Aquatics has had a recent inspection from the RSPCA who found nothing wrong with any animals and were satisfied that animals were being correctly looked after.

Fact - Billericay Aquatics does have the correct License for conducting their Business and passed all inspections in relation to such License.

Fact - Billericay Aquatics is under going changes at present and changing on a daily basis due to the set up of their new large Business Premise. Layout and improvements are being made every day but animal welfare is certainly not being compromised by doing so.

Fact - Kelly & Heather were asked to leave the premise after causing trouble at the shop. One of the girls has a personal hate campaign against a member of our staff (Lisa). The girl in question has been refused a job at Billericay Aquatics after several requests. I can only guess that she is most "put out" that Lisa received the job that she feels she is better qualified to do.

We will not tolerate personal abuse being aimed at members of our staff. The above post is extremely rude about Lisa and insulting. We will be asking admin to remove the personal attack aimed at Lisa.

Also the comments about Billericay Aquatics and the care of their livestock is simply untrue with no evidence to back up the authors comments.

We Invite anybody to come along to our shop and see for themselves and make up their own opinion.

OUR PROMISE - IF ANY PERSON CAN FIND ANY ANIMAL AT OUR SHOP AND PROVE THAT IT IS OF ILL HEALTH DUE TO NEGLECT WE WILL GLADLY HAND THAT ANIMAL OVER TO THEM FREE OF CHARGE.

We do not claim to be experts on every single species that we keep. But we do have many, many, years experience in Business and the care of livestock. We like most of you continue to learn new things on a daily basis. We don't believe that you ever stop learning about these wonderful animals. Also we think that most will agree that by reading a book or two and keeping a few reptiles for couple of years does not automatically make you an expert on how a Reptile shop should be run.

The post we are responding to is complete slander in our opinion and written out of spite by someone who thinks they should have received a job at Billericay Aquatics rather than the person who actually got the job.

Sarah

[/b]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: