Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Housing for T's - Arboreals / Burrowers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Housing for T's - Arboreals / Burrowers. Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have decided that I am going to obtain some T's (I was forced to sell my previous collection due to moving).

I am going to be very selectiive in the spiders that I choose, they will be display spiders that i REALLY like. Including a couple of pokies, a singapore blue and an avic versi.

I am looking around for housing ideas for arboreals (Avics and Pokies) and some burrowing species too.

I have previously used exo terras but dont want to fork out £30+ per spider for housing.

I have also used plastic cereal dipensers but the ones i used werent COMPLETELY transparent, almost a lightly frosted white plastic.

Do any of you have any other ideas or suggestions of tubs etc to use?

Many Thanks

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
Bohan
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Hope this helps.
I had a nasty habit of going through window company/fitters skips for bits of glass, veritable treasure troves to me Laughing
I made these from 4mm glass all you need is a glass cutter the rest is basic maths.
They lend themselves perfectly for arboreals, burrowers and burrowers with a elevated tube web:

I was keeping Hystocrates hercules in this, they look fairly rough in the photos but are about ten years old in the shots Smile

2.0.0 Varanus glauerti.
1.1.0 Varanus a brachyurus.
1.1.0 Chlamydosaurus kingii.
1.3.4 Lacerta vivipera.
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool but too much work for me, im not a glass person Razz

Cheers

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invertebrates All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: