Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Berry - Online Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invited Guests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any frozen rat and mouse seller. those snakes are amazing!!!!
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there stunning john Wink
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John I would just like to thank you for coming on this evening as I have to log off now..its been great and look forward to having you back on again in the near future..Its been a real pleasure talking to you and pretty sure the other members feel the same..take care,kind regards
Stuart
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask a question please ? Just over three months ago I bought a female Royal who was 1650 grams, nice and healthy and plump looking but a bit !!! nippy. She refused to eat with me but was being cooled so mabe that was why. She's been in with a friends male - three days together, then a rest - for six weeks with NO sign of interest from either snake.... She IS a she, he is only 800+ grams so his first season. I was given no info about the girl and do not even know if she bred last year, she was passed to me and I did not get to talk to the previous owner.

Is it worth still trying with them, or should I simply try again this coming late Autumn ?

Thankyou
JBR
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: African rats Reply with quote

SmallPaul wrote:
Lynne wrote:
is an african rat not a gerbil? i dont know just thought i would see if anyone else knew!!!

Where would I get a gerbil from? a frozen one?

Paul, I think they are called multi-mammit rats (someone please correct me) .. not a gerbil. I'll check and post a reply with the correct UK name .. in the US they are simply African rats. They are closest to what ball pythons feed on it the wild. So you rub them (or their bedding) on a f/t mouse and they will do the trick ... just watch out these little critter can bite !
Lynne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah i have seen these written about in the feeder section.
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help Jonn.
I am going now.

I will read the rest of the thread tomorrow Cool

:.Rhacodactylus.:.Eublepharis.:.Stenodactylus.:.Nephrurus.:
JBR
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: breeding ball pythons Reply with quote

quasimodo wrote:
May I ask a question please ? Just over three months ago I bought a female Royal who was 1650 grams, nice and healthy and plump looking but a bit !!! nippy. She refused to eat with me but was being cooled so mabe that was why. She's been in with a friends male - three days together, then a rest - for six weeks with NO sign of interest from either snake.... She IS a she, he is only 800+ grams so his first season. I was given no info about the girl and do not even know if she bred last year, she was passed to me and I did not get to talk to the previous owner.

Is it worth still trying with them, or should I simply try again this coming late Autumn ?

Thankyou

Is she a CB or WC female ..sounds like a WC (wild caught) to me ... at 800 grams the male is big enough. Without knowing your complete set up its hard to tell what the problem but they are both big enough.

I would settle them, get them feeding well and try again next year .... good idea to buy the ball python manual (by Dave & Tracy Barker) and/ or the Complete Ball Python books ... they have a wealth of good info in them.
JBR
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Signing Off Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the questions .... I'll check tomorrow to see if there are any I haven't covered. Thanks Scott for the invite.

This is whats its all about ...

cheers, John
Lynne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was really interesting. you missed my one about my boa, but its ok. thanks for taking time to do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Invited Guests All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: