Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie to lizards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vardon
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: newbie to lizards Reply with quote

Hi,im new to this forum and i was looking for info off more than just one forum (MFK) and wanted to ask a few questions i was wondering what i need to setup a beardie setup.ive been told they are the most responsive and best to handle lizards and to be honest i like them anyway.
So can u tell me the bestmakes of what i need and brands not to buy,

Cheers Connor Confused
Vardon
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i have some replies please? Confused
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill connor, have a browse through the beardie section lots of info there Very Happy Most products are personal choice, vivs are quite often home built or there are lots of online viv builders. I use Habistat dimmer stats and microclimate both are good, other than that i use a basic basking bulb on a ceramic fitting playsand for substrate nice big rocks and logs for decor Very Happy i am sure more people will post their info when they come online Very Happy Oh and by the way beardies are superb to keep good choice Wink
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of therelative merits of different brands, but I have 2 in a 4ft viv, with a T-rex combined UV and heat bulb for daytime heat and a heat mat for nightime heat. Have the mat on a thermostat so it comes on when the lamp goes off. Sand for substrate, plenty of rocks and bark for interest and basking spots.
I think, tho I could be wrong, that most commercially available kit is probably equally good. So long as the viv is big enough, day temp is high enough to bask in, night temp does not drop too low and there is a decent temp gradient, you should be ok.
As karen says, have a trawl around the forum. You'll find lots of answers on previous posts.
Best of luck
ps if poss try and get more than 1. they are fairly social animals and interact with each other (and you)
0.1 royals owned by mikey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: