Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my mums hermans tortoise has stopped eating.... please help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teguchick
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Just gettin used to the doodahs Reply with quote

I had tried to include your quote as i was disgusted to read it. You are publicly slagging off a Guy who has helped you immensely, as you have him- to be fair.

However, a public forum as i understand it is not for airing a private disagreement between friends, and using it to attack someones credibility by Miss-representing facts.

Facts have been sorely mis-represented here, and you know they have- he prefers not to play your game- which i give him credit for. Ive just joined this forum, but if this is what its to be used for, it will not be a favourite.

You also OMITTED you are VERY AWARE your CITES is in order as YOU collected the docs from which is probably one of the most distinguished Herp Vets in Britain. Come on play nice.
0.0.2 Crested Geckos
1.1.0 Royal Pythons
1.1.0 W. Hognoses
1.0.0 Mexican milksnake
Rizlah
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Just gettin used to the doodahs Reply with quote

teguchick wrote:
I had tried to include your quote as i was disgusted to read it. You are publicly slagging off a Guy who has helped you immensely, as you have him- to be fair.

However, a public forum as i understand it is not for airing a private disagreement between friends, and using it to attack someones credibility by Miss-representing facts.

Facts have been sorely mis-represented here, and you know they have- he prefers not to play your game- which i give him credit for. Ive just joined this forum, but if this is what its to be used for, it will not be a favourite.

You also OMITTED you are VERY AWARE your CITES is in order as YOU collected the docs from which is probably one of the most distinguished Herp Vets in Britain. Come on play nice.

I am not slagging anyone and I never collected the CITES paperwork from any vets, the paperwork I collected was in fact documents detailing that THEIR OWN torts were in fact now micro-chipped and nothing to do with the tort I bought for my mother as a xmas present.

I have not mentioned anyones name here and only discussed the facts on this thread, there is no way I would ever slag the said person in public, i have no need to, if you go back and read the thread properly about the CITES paperwork you will see that I never once said there was anything wrong with this paperwork and in fact no one has said that this tortoises paperwork has anything wrong with it. All that has been said here is that any CITES paperwork where it states that the animal was imported from Slovenia COULD be not as accurate as one would like it to be, and I must add this was not said by me so please do not start all this again, I want nothing more to do with either of these two people and certainly have better things to do with my time than to try and slag them or blacken their names.

Just to update everyone that is genuinely interested in how the tort is doing, he is now eating again, still rather sleepy though, think its just to do with the time of year.

Thank everyone for your input
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: wotever Reply with quote

Im really am glad that your mums tort is doing well, The lovely card she sent the 'trained herpetologist' hangs with the rest of the thank you cards.

As usual selective with the truth. No names?... 'trained herp' I really expected better from you, a totally uncalled for public vendetta over KIDS

Bored now, too much bad karma

Hope your collection are well n thriving.
0.0.2 Crested Geckos
1.1.0 Royal Pythons
1.1.0 W. Hognoses
1.0.0 Mexican milksnake
Rizlah
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear oh dear, all i can say here is LOL... As for public vendetta, you lot really need to read things properly, there is no vendetta, i have better things to do with my time... Life does not revolve around them two, well mine certainly does not, like i said to them, my life revolves around my family and my animals everything else fades into insignificance as far as I am concerned.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any slagging off of anyone on this thread, just a post asking for help and advice Confused

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rizlah
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Scott, I could of swore that I never slagged anyone off, was beginning to think I had posted something that I could not remember posting. Cheers again m8.
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad your torts doing ok. mine has had his 3 week fast and has gradually had his daylight hours cut to 8. today he is going into the fridge for a few months (if he stays asleep). no doubt i will miss the wee guy.

hope i didnt start any aggro pointing out about the dodgy cities. just thought people should be aware..............
Rizlah
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, no agro as far as I am concerned, some people are very touchy when it comes to CERTS, thanks for pointing me and my mum in the direction of that website though, I have decided to take it as a personal challenge to find out as much as I can about both hermans torts and CITES CERTS for my mum, then at least we will both fully understand any implications with them in future.

Thanks again, hope you don't miss your wee friend too much, take care.
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people missed the fact that the tortoise went off its food as it was naturally trying to hibernate. Which it should be allowed to do.
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Just gettin used to the doodahs Reply with quote

teguchick wrote:

teguchick, thats not what this forum is about. its the freindliest forum i have ever been on, in fact its the only one i ever really post on now. dont let this put you off coming on and joining in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: