Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brilliant CPR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Brilliant CPR Reply with quote

Today I paid my first visit to CPR and had the most brilliant time there. Darren and the staff were all super friendly and helpful, the entire set up was clean with not a sloughed skin to be seen. Really impressed with the reptiles, and delighted with my new male Hognose.

Many thanks, hope to see you all again very soon. My shopping list is now yards long Rolling Eyes
Gazza85
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hognose did you buy?

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary, I got a het for hypo Western Hoggie. Last year my female normal had seven eggs, it was her first clutch. This year she had 16 slugs... Crying or Very sad I am convinced that it is the male that was to blame as he VERY rarely eats even though I have tried everything to get him to eat. He has not grown at all and I am surprised that he is still alive - poor wee chap.

Earlier this year I bought another huge female and so really needed to find a breeding size male.

As the first, and only, lot of babies had a definite greenish colour to them I am hoping that they got that from the female and not the poor wee male. Being the idiot that I am, I sold all of the babies not realising that they might be carrying a hidden gene Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes

All are now brumating Very Happy
Gazza85
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've started brumination early havent you. I dont normally cool my stock off till start of december.

And you will have to keep me posted on how you get on with hypos next season. Fingers crossed.

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
quasimodo
Forum Granny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is earlier than I would have liked but the two females stopped eating and so after about three weeks of them refusing I worked out that they were trying to tell me something... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: