Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

weird mites? predatory or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lividum
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: weird mites? predatory or not? Reply with quote

Just had a bit of a scare/panic as i was just looking over my animals (as i regularly do) and after finding one of my baby blue tongue skinks dead (none feeder) there appeared to be a few tiny tiny lil white mite things crawling on the corpse,and this was the same with a couple of other tubs on top of it...one being another blue tongue and the other being taiwan beauty snakes....now were im confused is, are these "harmful" mites? as iv never heard of white mites,and iv been told if they suck bloody they appear black...also snakes mite dont usualy appear on lizards (as far as i know).

I did have some hypoaspis mite which i used to treat a single mite out break on a macklotts a month or so back....could they possibly still be about?..and wondering?

If any one could help this would be an INCREDABLE relief either way,just by knowing whats going on.....

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: