Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhacodactylus:The Complete Guide to their Selection and Care

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xx_JoJo_xX
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Rhacodactylus:The Complete Guide to their Selection and Care Reply with quote

Rhacodactylus: The Complete Guide to their Selection and Care

I just ordered this book for £22 rather than £35+ off ebay.com.. and there's 2 left if anyone is interested! Smile

Ebay Link
Marlies
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice book to have, but I personaly prefer "Rhacodactylus
Biologie, Haltung und zucht" ISBN 3-930612-23-2

This book holds much more information about their naturaly habitat, and a bit less commercial holding ( wich i do not find interesting) The only problem is that its a german book.
Xx_JoJo_xX
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well.. if there is an english version I'll have it! Smile Otherwise I'll have to make to do with books that I can just about understand.. (some of the herp terminology still baffles me! Embarassed Razz )
Jackie
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too prefer the Henkel and Seipp book (Rhacodactylus -Biology, Natural History & Husbandry) - I have the English version. The full title is: Rhacodactylus : Biology, Natural History & Husbandry by Robert Seipp, Friedrich Wilhelm Henkel, Edition Chimaira

It's a fantastic book but sadly out of print. If you do manage to find copy I would recommend you buy it. It covers everything you need to know about all Rhacodactylus species from captive husbandry to natural habitats. It is an indepth book which, in my opinion, is written with the assumption that the reader has experience in keeping reptiles.

The de Vosjoli et al. book is an excellent book too. It goes into great detail everything you need to know about Crested geckos, including indepth morph identification. That's the only probem I have with it, is it focuses too much on Crested morphs for me - would've liked to have read more on the other rhac species.

3:4 Eublepharis macularius
1:0 Gekko gecko
3:4:1 R. auriculatus
1:3 R. ciliatus
1:1 R. chahoua
1:1 R. leachianus henkeli
Xx_JoJo_xX
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case I will keep an eye out for the english version.. I might be lucky and find one! *fingers crossed* Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Review - Books & Products All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: