Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASUALTY tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Herps on TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stubeanz
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when they use harmles reptiles in films and say tehy are poisonous Laughing i think its the film 'holes' where they are attacked by beared dragons that can sense fear, spit poison and kill ! haha i was like what the hell Confused
stu
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i mentioned this in another thread in the corn, milk, king forum.

my mum and sisiter were watching it and called me over because it was about a snake, and they thought i might like it. Took one look, thought Honduran milk, then i kept complaining about it for the rest of the programme abut the fact that they didnt even choose a good mimic of the coral snake and that how she reacted to the the venom was unrealistic and just basically how cr*p the story was. they were very annoyed with me.
I wouldnt have minded the programme if it wasslightly more realistic for instance if she kept poisonous snakes and was bitten by one of her animals which is much more likely than one sneaking back in her luggage and biting her.
I hate it when people think theyu know stuff but actually have no idea and think they know what they are talking about. for instance i get really annoyed at zoos when stupid unintelligent people are telling their children all this s*it about an animal whic is all a complete lie. 'Oh look at that snake *points at slow worm* i bet that could kill you with one bite, no damien do not touch the glass, you never know what it might do' and when parents say oh look at the tiger and points at a lion. I get p*ssed off and correct them which annoys them, i once had a go at a woman for banging and shouting on an enclosure conating komodo dragons trying to get them to move. i get asked really stupid questions about my snakes as well, for instance 'have you ever gone to hospital afetr being bitten?' 'aren't all snakes really big?' do snakes have a anus?' do they drink?' 'arent they just a tail with a head?'

right i have had my word and i am sorry for the long post

i wouldnt mind knowing where the zoo sequence was shot though.

Snakes: :Pantherophis: :Coelognathus: :Lampropeltis: :Heterodon: :Antaresia:
Lizards: :Rhacodactylus: :Pogona: :Goniurosaurus:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ailurus27
trueviper_UK
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol your not wrong there mate!! Laughing

Most people are very ignorant about the natural world to the point of stupidity. Or they just dismiss it completely Evil or Very Mad *rant over*
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thanks for agreeing with me

Snakes: :Pantherophis: :Coelognathus: :Lampropeltis: :Heterodon: :Antaresia:
Lizards: :Rhacodactylus: :Pogona: :Goniurosaurus:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ailurus27
mccabec
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i went to san diego zoo i went to see the hippos and this old american guy was trying to impress his wife and another couple. he said that hippos can stay underwater for five hours and they even sleep underwater, oh yeah and they eat plankton. i was laughing some much especially because there was a sign behind which said in bold that hippos can stay underwater for about fifteen minutes.
SiUK
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a hondouran milksnake it was so stupid it was funny you should of seen the woman catch it
slippery42
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueviper_UK wrote:
I've just read in another thread that apparently the venomous snake featured on "Crapualty" was a Honduran Milksnake Rolling Eyes

Personally, I find this ironic as the only non-venomous snake I keep is a Honduran Milksnake!!

I'm going to take her into work and scare the be-jesus out of the guy who phoned me!! He may even find the snake in his lunch box Laughing

Will he mind you placing a snake in his underpants??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

A trouser snake me thinks Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Using Nikon D300's and pro lenses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Herps on TV All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: