Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonymc
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: lighting Reply with quote

Hi there.

Can anyone advise me on lighting. I am moving my beardie out of his small 2ft viv into a much bigger 4foot viv. I am planning on buying a 30 inch exo terra repti glo 25w 8.0UV tube. Is there a certain type of arcadia lighting system i need,Is that all about wattages or will any one do?

He does have a uv light now, but it came with the viv so i dont know what it is and its way to small to go in the new viv.

He has a heat rock which is on at night and his heat lamp which is on all day. will this be enough to heat a 4foot viv?

any advice would be a great help, thanks.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest I have never had experiance of 'hot rocks', I have heared about burns from them but never from a 'first hand' source.

I would still be tempted to replace the hot rock with a 60 watt ceramic on a pulse stat for night time heat and use a 100 watt spot light for day time heat. The repti sun 8.0 is fine, any starter unit of the same wattage will work it.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need the appropriate starter unit for the right wattage of bulb..
tonymc
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, the hot rock is an exo terra one. He hardly ever goes on it, but when i have seen him on it. His toes curl up away from the rock, yep it probably is too hot for him.

thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Bearded, Rankins & Frilled Dragons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: