Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serpentus Exotics - Dunfermline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beardie Baby
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Serpentus Exotics - Dunfermline Reply with quote

Visited Serpentus Exotics today, for the first time, and was really impressed. It's only been open a week, and is run by Ryan and Nicola (it was lovely to meet you both Very Happy ) They were both really friendly and welcoming, and extremely knowledgeable, about the husbandry and care of their animals.

The shop is clean and fresh, and the animals are very healthy looking, and well cared for. They have a good variety of reptiles,(Snakes & Lizards), amphibians, arachnids and insects, live and frozen foods, as well as vivariums and accessories etc.

Well worth a visit - I'll definitely be back! Very Happy

Serpentus Exotics
57-59 Main Street
Townhill
Dunfermline
Fife
KY12 0EH

Kel
alan p
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree this is a very nice shop Nicola and Ryan are very nice and welcoming have been in a few times since it opened love the green tree pythons and gopher snakes
Beardie Baby
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snakes they have are gorgeous Very Happy

I bought a horned frog recently, from Ryan - and he's adorable. He's coming on really well, and not at all aggressive. Ryan gave me all the information I needed, on his husbandry needs etc, and my wee frog also came with a great book, to help me even more!

Kel
blu
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this shop. I got one of my beardies from there and my crestie came from there aswell Laughing
Lynne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant shop. and they make excellant coffee! (another £20 guys)
teguchick
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Serpentus Exotics Reply with quote

I must agree the shop is spotless, the owners are very knowledgeable and responsible. They live n breathe for their love of animals its not just a pay-packet to them.

They'll put the kettle on for cuppa, love to hear how customers are doing and encourage responsible new hobbyists by insisting that even if mum i dad agree to a new member of the family that the kids do an 'essay'.

Thus meaning the newest members husbandry/requirements is fully understood by all the family. So no nasty surprises when tiny becomes anythin but!!

Which is more than i can say for another Fife establishment.

Well done the Devaneys, you give Herpin' a good image.
0.0.2 Crested Geckos
1.1.0 Royal Pythons
1.1.0 W. Hognoses
1.0.0 Mexican milksnake
Jack
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its a brilliant shop i love it Laughing
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I visited Serpentus Exotics in Townhill, Dunfermline for the first time on Saturday.... and I was very impressed.

As we walked through the front door to the shop, we were immediately welcomed by Nichola (one of the owners) with a big smile and a... "Would you like a cup of tea?"
(We had never been there before and I found this quite amusing). Laughing

The shop was empty at the time so we happily accepted the cuppa and proceeded to look around the shop. What was immediately apparent was how well the shop is looked after. It was bright, clean and fully stocked with stuff I wanted to buy. Embarassed

Ryan (also one of the owners) was busy through the back cleaning out the reptiles and vivariums, however once he found out we wanted some advice about ball pythons he invited us through to one of the back rooms and we started talking.

I was very impressed with Ryan's knowledge of reptiles and in particular snakes. We spoke at length about vivarium setups, temperatures, substrates, feeding, weights and even breeding. His 20 years of experience is quite obvious now...

By this time the shop was starting to get busy, so Ryan needed to tend to matters out front (even though there was about four staff on). Smile

He left us to freely check out his stock and said that if we ever needed any assistance or was looking for a particular animal to left him know.

I left there with a good feeling, a feeling that this is a shop that cleary cares for it's customers...one things for sure I will be back.

Just for the record.....

I am not affiliated with the shop in any way, I just thought I'd share my experience with others and recommend that you go check out the shop.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: