Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

monitor learning/training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeanThorpe
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol@handfeeding is the only important thing...
thats the craziest thing i have ever heard, would expect nothing less from such an appaling excuse for a human being though.

This is really sad that this continues.
Eyed Lizard
Leo's
Tokay's
Cresties
Garg
Berber skinks
Ocltd Skinks
Uro acanthinurus
Fiji Iguana's
oplurus cyclurus+Cuvieri
Collard's
Long Tailed Lizards
Dwarf Sungazers
Water dragon
Corn's
Royal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gabb13
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gee dave, but that's ingenuous of you.
of course all buzzy's teeth have fallen out numerous times in his life.
the average age of a tooth, for the monitor they did the radiology studies, was about 6 months, with about 3 months in actual service. This info is available to those who prefer not to rely on your word for it by simply googling 'monitor teeth'

therefore buzzy loses all his teeth about twice a year as an average. duh.

and i hope you haven't overlooked the really simple fact that when a new tooth grows in the old one must fall out, right?

so we can just as well say that buzzy got a whole new set of teeth, unless we have a poisonous agenda, eh?

my vid showed one of the occasions i actually got the tooth. it explains the observation of 'bleeding gums' that's been questioned in forums before as well. it was useful information. some folks appreciate the value of it.

Edited by Stuart.

as far as your linking lilly's death to husbandry, you'll find an easier task with the sidewalk crack and mother's broken back theory of thinking.
crocdoc
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big difference between a monitor gradually replacing teeth over time and a monitor losing all of its teeth in one fell swoop, lying around in a half stupor, struggling to stay awake and gaping for breath. That monitor in your 'teething pains' video was not healthy. Even blind freddy could see that. But let's not quibble about what I think, the video speaks for itself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfuXKeT1FS4

And if you still think Lilly's death wasn't husbandry related, you haven't learned anything at all. So far, two of the three monitors that you've owned have all died at less than one and a half years of age (that's if Buzzy is still alive - or is it 3/3 now?). Monitors don't just drop dead for no reason. I don't know of anyone that's had a well looked after monitor die just like that, at only 16 months of age. Anyone watching this video, however, will not have to spend too much time wondering why it died.
Fast forward to 4:16 and watch this obese monitor struggle to climb onto a bed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3xt-PHeII
Are you seriously going to tell me that its death wasn't husbandry related? Do you think it was pure coincidence that everyone told you your monitors were going to die young because of your husbandry and they then started dying young? Many of us even predicted that you'd find some excuse for its death because you would refuse to believe you played any part in it.

Poison agenda? There's your paranoia kicking in again. The only agenda I have is that I hate to see the promotion of poor husbandry.
gabb13
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said what i meant and i meant what i said. I know what the cause of death was, so it's not a mystery to me. it's a mystery for you. so be it.
it's not a mystery for anyone on my forum who sees the necropsy photos- because, as any competent veterinarian could tell you, quite quite clear to even a simpleton. but i'm not going to tell you dave- i enjoy watching you make an ass of yourself. you can only fool retards. when you have surrounded yourself thus and are fully insulated, real people will be safe from you. i'm especially thinking of the children on these forums whom you devote your life to directing on missions of attack against people.
Edited by Stuart

now let's have a little education about your methods:

http://repticzone.com/forums/Monitors/messages/1690995.html

crocdoc:
"When trying to promote his cause, dunces_with_no_more_savs always states how many youtube views he's had whenever he posts on a forum, as though this is some testament to his expertise. Even after his monitors started dying from his poor husbandry he was still telling everyone how popular his videos are"

Dave Kirshner is a skilled propagandist with a personal obsession and a bizarre mission. Never missing a chance to ply the forums with hint and innuendo to poisoning the well in his divine calling to trash DWS- a key to his forum supremacy!
Though he is utterly confident of the stupidity of his audience (see cota's fine work on another forum where dave's cohort attempts to turn fabulous growth rates into a cause of death- in order to make an exception just tfor me, because growth rates used to be a prime indicator of good husbandry until i got the best growth rates...lol)

notice how he is very careful to observe the technicalities as he gives birth to his new rumours.

we have 'no_more_savs' in order to imply that buzzy is dead.
(dave didn't ACtually say buzzy was dead, right?)

we have "his monitors started dying from his poor husbandry"

(which is freighted with quite a load of stuff- it implies that there is an impressive list of dead monitors spanning some time. it also alleges the cause of death.)

but at the same time- dave is able to claim 'well, i didn't actually say buzzy was dead' or 'i didn't say you killed dozens' and disclaim any intent or knowledge of what he set out to accomplish...lhe's so adorable when he rolls his eyes and looks innocent.
it works on idiots, though. he plays force-a-meme and you uncritical suckers lap it up because you prefer to take his word...lol
care to speculate on what part of his body 'word' is a pet name for?

Edit by Stuart

oh- the 2 new savs and the BT- all perfect manners.
you'll be able to see buzzy again, too. all his teeth fell out at once, you say? amazing. i never knew that. tell me again how you didn't actually say something so stupid- i missed the technicality.
crocdoc
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the expression 'give them enough rope'?

Thank you. Your true colours shine through in that post, I don't even need to comment.
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refrain from any personal attacks or name calling.Any further posts containg either will be edited!
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grand idea stu. let us begin with what is incontrovertibly the sissiest form- the cute little plays on nicknames, shall we? i mean, if you're gonna start, you might as well start with the most obvious.

meanwhile, let us examine another fine performance:
this is how dave's partner goes about furthering their agenda.

In order to realistically condemn me for poor husbandry, something stands in the way- the growth rates of my animals. Formerly good growth has been regarded as evidence of 'good husbandry' but for me, the exception must be made. Therefore, from this moment forward, a rapid growth rate shall be a negative - just to make sure nobody says my husbandry might not be bad due to fabulous growth rates that everyone else has to use as a standard to check theirs by.

going from forum to forum, as dave has been doing, telling people '*someone* told me that Buzzy is dead', michael has been proactively well poisoning too:

http://www.herpcenter.com/monitors/15428-what-rate-will-he-grow-here-3.html

Quote:
Rapid growth rates in squamates are not something to brag about. It is well documented to dramatically shorten the longevity and cause a number of problems in squmates. Since at least one of you like to see scientific evidence :

Olson & Shine 2002. Growth to Death in Lizards. Evolution. 56(9): 1867-1870

notice what he cites as proof?

the shocking thing is not that he cited a paper that has nothing to do with longevity, but that he KNEW HE COULD UTTERLY RELY ON THE STUPIDITY OF HIS AUDIENCE - he knew he could post anything at all and it would exceed the reading comprehension of the readers and they would have to TAKE HIS WORD....rofl

this paper describes raising 2 populations of skinks.
some grew faster
some grew slower

they were released into the wild.

after 2 years the experimenters went looking for them again.

if they did not find them, they were marked 'dead'.

after 2 more years they went looking again.

if they didn't find one, they marked it 'dead'.

So this experiment was about skinks surviving in the wild. It was not about the longevity of captive monitors even in a tangential way. despite the fact that the paper never specified the cause of death or even if any corpses were found, what do you suppose is the likeliest cause of death in the wild if you're a fat little skink? srsly. Predation is not a cause of captive death ffs. Without a cause of death there is no conclusion to be drawn about natural lifespan, either. srsly.

But yah, he knew he could post whatever because he is confident from so much past experience that he can totally rely on the stupidity. he knows you will TAKE HIS WORD.

here is the link to the citation- if you are not too ashamed to try, go ahead and read it and post here if what i say is correct or what.

http://www.bio.usyd.edu.au/Shinelab/publications/reprints/354growthtodeath.pdf

Edited by Stuart

what i find more shocking is that they succeed in perverting your values and you thank them for it.
crocdoc
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for the content in that post but I see none - just invective. What's even stranger, is that you're trying to attack me by talking about someone else. Did I say anything about growth rate? What use is a fast growing monitor if it's dead at 16 months, anyway.
crocdoc
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabb13 wrote:
demonise the one person who succeeds in showing the prejudiced public a NOT dangerous, savage or bannable view of what are intelligent and naturally gentle creatures.

While on the subject of straw man arguments, you have completely forgotten who started this thread and what the first post was about. I know you like to try to turn this into a fight in which I say that monitors are untameable/untrainable savage monsters and your side says they're calm animals, but go back to the beginning of this very thread and refresh your memory. It's the poor husbandry that you promote that I'm against.

By the way, I think you'll find that this is classified as libel.
gabb13 wrote:
what i find shocking is that grown men spend their time mind raping kids and take such joy in it
gabb13
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the casual observer who might wonder if dave knows anything about my husbandry- no, he doesn't. but that never stopped him before- he knows you will TAKE HIS WORD...lol

lol @ dave pretending you have been on a crusade against my husbandry since the day he first heard of me. he doesn't know any more about it now than he did then.

my, he is very confident of the ignorance of his audience.
i had to see it to believe it.

lol @ dave being so vain he thought my comments were for him.

i have only one WORD for you, dave. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: