Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long was the tub in with the adults? You will have nymphs hatching from around twelve days from the first batch laid. Obviously, if some were laid on the last day the tub was in with the adults it will be twelve days from then. You will probably get them hatching in waves. Wink
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
big_boids_uk
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 4 days mate, I caught one laying one day and over next 3 days they all had a go.
big_boids_uk
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP

No babys after this long! Guess i fecked up the incubation part.
Shocked
Good news is im going to start again. Very Happy

Bad news is i fed the adults to my montior straight after they had all finished laying Crying or Very sad
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol......what temp did you incubate them at? 28c is good, then about 10 days to hatch.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are hatching out daily now, I only have one problem- when do I remove their hatching tubs? I dont want to take them out if theres still eggs in them, I can see round the sides if the eggs have hatched or not but cant see any that might be in the middle.Also, some of todays hatchlings are a lovely translucent green, any idea why? I am thrilled to bits that I have actually managed- with Petes help- to breed my own. I will definatley keep it up although I must admit their food is costing quite a bit right now as "free" food is coming to an end so I have to buy spring cabbage at 89p a go.But I guess one bunch goes a long way so it must end up being cost effective- even with the lights and heat mats, mustn't it?
Love Jan
big_boids_uk
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incubated at room temp of about 80 with a heat mat underneath tub. Maybe too hot? The soil kept drying out - id spray it - it would dry out. Was only a dinkng project but now i have the 'bug' so to speak and will carry on utill i suceed.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heat pad underneath probably would of cooked them Wink Laughing

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
big_boids_uk
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed Embarassed

LOL i feel like a murderer!!!! OK well thing are up in the air still and getting worse my end at the momnet but once settled im going to have another crack at this. My Bosc enjoyed the fattened up adults i gave him though so someone benefited at least Very Happy
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy @ Andy. You`ll get there mate. Wink

Well done on you`re locust hatching Jan. Can`t you strike up a deal with your local green grocers/supermarket and get their throwaways? Thats what I do. Wink

Even with buying their food I consider it a saving if you have enough animals that eat them.

Having all the different sizes available I find very useful and well worth the effort. Smile
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I spent ages today removing the hatclings from the hatchery into their own tank.After 10 minutes and baby locusts all over the place I realised I need a better system for getting them from a to b. So my cut of coke bottle came to the rescue. I also put my Panther cham on his "posing" plant right next to the tanks- so that any escapees would at least get chomped up and not wasted. This worked like a dream untill the last scoop of babies- he then shot his tongue out and helped himself to 20 odd hatchlings in one swoop/ I think I must have about 200 hatclings now from the new born green ones to the good half an inchers.I went to the grocer and hes promised to save all the leaves they remove and also the brussel sprout tops. I am also sowing grass seeds and wheat every day as these only take 3-4 days to sprout up. Thanks for all your help and guidence Pete,I couldn't have done it without you.
love Jan o
PS What's the average life span for an adult female and do they remain fertile right up to death?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: