Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IHS Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watts501
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: show Reply with quote

penfold wrote:
yeh got a t shirt (to small for me so mrs had it) are you getting any more done cheers for buying stuff everyone Very Happy Very Happy

yeah ment to be getting sum one!! if u where talkin to me Very Happy
lovesnakes
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with everyone on entrance fee, too high Mad

can't say i didn't enjoy it purely for the fact i came out with a stunning applegate from penfold Very Happy and a gorgeous snow bull from steve Very Happy
thanks guys

heart goes out to all those who had to endure the heat ALL DAY, i couldn't manage more than 25 mins. . . . .

Scott W wrote:

And finally.........those that came from the forum....why didn't you say hi and introduce yourselves???? Laughing It's not like you can't see my discreet little table Wink Laughing

I was lurking for a while to say hi but you wouldn't stop talking to people, every time I turned my back you were talking to someone else Very Happy in the end the heat got to me and i had to leave, sorry Sad
penfold
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

yeh was asking about t shirts any chance you can let us know when you get some Very Happy i got to admit the applegates will always be a favourite of mine glad you like it ,as someone already said what do people want to buy @shows there was a lot of geckos and corns but people buy them but what would people go wow i wanna buy that Very Happy Very Happy
1.1albino boas 1.5hogg islands 0.1dbl het sunglow 1.0 salmon hypo 0.1 anery boa 1.0jungle carpet1.1kalatoa dwarf retics 1.1black bloods1.1guyana red tail1.1san fransisco garter1.2applegate gophers1.3 yemens.columbian red tail1.1hermans.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
So you drive all the way to Hamm "Just" to support the hobby?.. Razz

Actually Stuart, NO I now fly to Hamm Cool but I go there to catch up with friends/contacts, it's the UK shows that need the support. Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but sadly not everyone is willing to drive hundreds of miles,not just the odd hour,to do that if they think there is going to be a poor turn out...Like you said when we spoke on the phone its awkward because without buyers alot of the traders won't bother and without traders potential buyers won't attend. I know quite a few breeders that only ever go to houten or Hamm and never to Uk shows,why do you think this is?..
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart wrote:
I know quite a few breeders that only ever go to houten or Hamm and never to Uk shows,why do you think this is?..

Overall I guess because most breeders will buy their animals directly from other breeders in the UK and collect them whereas buying from a German breeder is normally only possible at Hamm or Houten so people go there to meet up and exchange etc

It is a shame that more breeders don't attend but I think in the case of the UK shows all the tables are fully booked so there's no room for more. I think it needs someone with the balls to organise a BIG show, spend a while promoting it and go for it!

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
penfold
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: show Reply with quote

could it be that they only go abroad because as they are a business and they make there income out of shows they are not aloud to sell animals at uk shows so the only place is abroad Confused
1.1albino boas 1.5hogg islands 0.1dbl het sunglow 1.0 salmon hypo 0.1 anery boa 1.0jungle carpet1.1kalatoa dwarf retics 1.1black bloods1.1guyana red tail1.1san fransisco garter1.2applegate gophers1.3 yemens.columbian red tail1.1hermans.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: show Reply with quote

penfold wrote:
could it be that they only go abroad because as they are a business and they make there income out of shows they are not aloud to sell animals at uk shows so the only place is abroad Confused

Well that would count for a max of 2 breeders I can think of Wink Laughing

Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No penfold,I know people that go to Hamm and Houten every year and like Scott quite often come back with nothing.Maybe its just the scale of the event that draws them..
Quote:
I think it needs someone with the balls to organise a BIG show, spend a while promoting it and go for it!

I totally agree with this 100%!
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
I think it needs someone with the balls to organise a BIG show, spend a while promoting it and go for it!

I triple donkey dare you! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: