Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sugar Glidder Housing help please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muttley_109
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of our gliders might be from marie (glidergirl) originally.

Rick you should change the wheel you have in the cage for a wodent wheel, which you can get from shropshire exotics. They also have a sandpaper like insert to keep the gliders claws trimmed. The one you have at the moment is similar to what we had for about a week until they broke it. Plus they will probably fall out of that lol.

As for substrate i wouldnt use corn cob. One of out gliders likes to collect substrate to build nests with. Shredded plain paper or hay etc is good.
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muttley_109 wrote:
I think one of our gliders might be from marie (glidergirl) originally.

Rick you should change the wheel you have in the cage for a wodent wheel, which you can get from shropshire exotics. They also have a sandpaper like insert to keep the gliders claws trimmed. The one you have at the moment is similar to what we had for about a week until they broke it. Plus they will probably fall out of that lol.

As for substrate i wouldnt use corn cob. One of out gliders likes to collect substrate to build nests with. Shredded plain paper or hay etc is good.

Ok I have hay and also shredded plain paper so shall use that. Will also get a wodent wheel (are they made by Jonathon Ross Laughing ).

Muttley_109
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think he makes them, just funds them Laughing
glidergirl
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with the shredded paper idea and stay away from the corn cob, they might try to eat the corn cob (not overly familiar with it as I've never used it) but if it's small and hard they could get it lodged in their throat. The Wodent Wheels are not made by Jonathon Ross lol but it's a real problem when trying to advertise, the advertisers always correct what they think is a spelling mistake!!! - doh!!!
AnthonyY
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool, your making me really jealous now Rick Laughing ... Scott http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lrge-Quality-Bird-Parrot-Budgie-Canary-Aviary-Cage_W0QQitemZ320071446461QQihZ011QQcategoryZ46289QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glidergirl wrote:
I'd go with the shredded paper idea and stay away from the corn cob, they might try to eat the corn cob (not overly familiar with it as I've never used it) but if it's small and hard they could get it lodged in their throat. The Wodent Wheels are not made by Jonathon Ross lol but it's a real problem when trying to advertise, the advertisers always correct what they think is a spelling mistake!!! - doh!!!

Ok thanks for that, will be getting some bits of you soon. Very Happy

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyY wrote:
Looks cool, your making me really jealous now Rick Laughing ... Scott http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lrge-Quality-Bird-Parrot-Budgie-Canary-Aviary-Cage_W0QQitemZ320071446461QQihZ011QQcategoryZ46289QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I looked at that cage its a nice price and a nice size to , but opted for the Mito in the end.

glidergirl
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of something, nice cage, but you just need to watch the little monsters don't use the flap (to remove the waste tray) as an escape route, secure it down with something, I've known of gliders to escape regularly because of this, but I also know of an incident where the glider got her foot caught in the flap and couldn't move, she unfortunately died! Such a shame, the lady had only had them for a week Sad
Muttley_109
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that, we have taped ours shut so they cant escape
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I had noticed the potential risk of the lift of panel for the tray and have secured it. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: