Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rough green snakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Rough greens Reply with quote

Yes, there's a UV tube. I also use Reptisafe as a supplement to the water so they may get some extra calcium from that. I've heard of people using bottled water - if you look at the ingredients it has added calcium (and lots of other stuff) , is this a safe alternative?

Thanks
Barry
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottled water wouldn't be needed however some people prefer to use it. Tap water should be boiled and left to cool or left out overnight before use though to expel any Chlorine/Fluorine dependant on the area you live in. Its just a recommendation but then again I've never heard of any reptile dying from someone not doing it Laughing

Your set up sounds spot on, as Scott says just try feeding with less calcium powder on them, or even dust the cricket food in calcium powder while gutloading. Best of luck Cool

James
Liam
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU CAN GET THEM AT http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/rough-green-snake.htmlFOR £17.80, AND THERES A CARE SHEET(wild caught) sorry for shouting!
Barry
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Shedding? Reply with quote

My female Rough green has gone a very dark colour and her eyes are dull. She's nowhere near as active as the 2 males. She has doubled in length since I've had her (2 weeks) so I guess she could be ready for a slough but all 3 have been sloughing in patches. Do RG's slough in patches normally (or as juveniles ) or should i be expecting a complete shedding?
Just a bit worried that somethings else is wrong.

Cheers,

Barry
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Shedding? Reply with quote

Barry wrote:
My female Rough green has gone a very dark colour and her eyes are dull. She's nowhere near as active as the 2 males. She has doubled in length since I've had her (2 weeks) so I guess she could be ready for a slough but all 3 have been sloughing in patches. Do RG's slough in patches normally (or as juveniles ) or should i be expecting a complete shedding?
Just a bit worried that somethings else is wrong.

Cheers,

Barry

The humidity if probably to low. You should get some thing like this and spray them with water while in shed.
http://www.toolspot.co.uk/products/Gardening/750Ml%20Plastic%20Water%20Spray%20Bottle.jpg
Barry
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The humidity is always between 40 -80% by spraying as frequently as possible. So you reckon it is sloughing then?
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry wrote:
The humidity is always between 40 -80% by spraying as frequently as possible. So you reckon it is sloughing then?

Yep.
RoyalCrazy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look on that Exotic-pets and it says:
They need a daytime temperature of 25-30C (77-86F) with a drop down to 20C (68F) during the night. Spray lightly twice per day to maintain a humidity of 70-80%, make sure there is a dry area. Provide a tray with moist peat and moss, this will help with the humidity levels.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: