Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camzoo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkdan99
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make up your own mind about this.

i ordered a forest scorpion from them, along with a plant thingy.

a few days later they arrived, the scorpion was packaged in a polythene bag, knotted literally so it was immobile, and dead. there was no heat, but it was safely wrapped in generous amounts of Cotton wool.

when i mailed them, about this nick replied politely to my (very rude) e-mail.

he was apologetic, and explained that the polythene bag is a safe way of transport etc (i am not convinced) and sent a free replacement (in a crix tub with kitchen towel).

both parcels were free postage, and were sent recorded.

this is my first scorpion, and i am unsure whether the plastic bag is safe or not, but i didn't like it.

to make sure the first was dead, and not comatose, it was warmed in a ventilated tub at room temp, then into a warm Viv (so as not to heat it too quickly) and NO signs of life were observed.

the second wasn't even out of the tub before it had pinched, and stung the hemostats.

although i am honest, they asked for no proof that the first was indeed dead, and took my word.

i was generally pleased with my experience, and good communications, willingness and trust. however, i believe because of their packaging a creature un-necessarily died.

correct me if i am wrong about the packaging.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: